What are your rituals/routines before an exam? (1 Viewer)

Diadochi

HSC
I personally have to go to the toilet before every exam. So yeah what do you do?

Brett_P

HSC
Sit in silence, alone, avoid talking to people (they just stress you out, "Oh my god did you study this?"), avoid moving my legs too much/being jittery, fabricating a positive attitude.

deswa1

HSC
Depends on the exam- for maths I always listen to pump up music to get in the zone, for chem/eco, I talk to people about random stuff and don't think about the exam, for english, I talk to people about the exam and form last minute tactics

Demise

HSC
Go to the toilet around 3 times lmao, just to make sure I'm safe from any 'issues' in the exam.

Neptunes

HSC
Go to the field, rip off some grass and throw it in the air.

starshine02

HSC
I go to the bathroom and then I wait outside the hall/room. Then I need to get out my tissues, my pencilcase, my water bottle and my hair tie. Then I have to pin up my fringe or at least tuck it behind my ears. Oh and whilst I'm doing this I'm talking to people/friends. Once I finish hair tying I need to warm my hands up. Long ritual lol.

Aysce

HSC
Close eyes, breathe deeply for 15 seconds and sign of the cross. Resume normal conversation with friends and just mess around as usual haha.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Read my notes, and then reluctantly abandon them. Chat to others to relieve tension. Pray to the exam gods and mentally prepare myself. Mental preparation is basically filling my mind with thoughts such as, "It's time. Time... to (H)D it up!" and stuff

iBibah

HSC
Just relax and talk to people about non-exam related stuff.

Also on the day of the exam I never do any study/last minute revision for that exam.

(talking mainly about maths here)

Eg155

HSC
Got to stretch before hand. I feel tense sitting at a crammed desk for 3 hours :(
Then make bets with my friends on what type of exam questions they'll probably toss in this year .

eat_well

HSC
I have lucky underwear. Don't worry, I don't wear the same pair everyday. I have several of them :). I probably shouldn't have said that. Oh well.

I also have this thing where me and my friends huddle around to sit in silence and read over notes. I think that's about it.

alicekate18

HSC
If it's english, hope for a miracle that I'll somehow remember my quotes.
For maths I revise over my summaries but generally I don't overdo it so I don't bog my mind down too much before I even step into the exam room.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I stop and remind myself on how cute I am. Jokes.

I tie my shoes.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Read notes, avoid conversation to maintain train of thought, peek at other people's notes and basically do last-minute cramming just to be sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)