what career are you looking to go into after uni? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
either be a sports physician or a medical researcher and/or pharmacologist/neuroscientist.

love sport and its affect on the body and would like to be involved with teams and stuff.

if i dont get into medicine eventually i will just do research into drugs and stuff and maybe design medicines or health supplement type things

tennille

HSC
Maybe a researcher. To be perfectly honest, I'm not competely sure at this point in time.

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah i wouldnt mind going into something where sociology is involved. not sure what that would be though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Building Japanese seizure causing robots to take over the world.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
sports physician is what i want to do. wow i havent heard anyone say theyve wanted to do that before. what course are you doing berghousemaa

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Marketing or human resource management related

berghousemaa

HSC
Arts and Sciences. I figure i'll do a course thta i enjoy to make sure i get a good average. I'm probably not gonna do the medicine program at USyd though. My parents suggested i do it overseas, so maybe Stanford, Rutgers, or most probably Cambridge. God I love having contacts for references.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
lol yeah. it wud be cool doing it overseas actually. references?

im not sure where ill do med but ill probably just stay at usyd

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah overseas would be good. i also could get the referees needed. lol but yeah. ill prolly just stick with USYD and do a PhD

berghousemaa

HSC
I know a lot of really influential doctors. The former doctor for the wallabies is my Sports physician and he's a family friend.
An example of apparently how much influence they can have.
This one bloke was travelling through England with his family befor he started uni at USyd. He met up with a casual friend who was a respected doctor. He mentioned that he eventually wanted to do the medical program at USyd. The doctor then said "why don't you do it here (Cambridge) we've got lots of commonwealth scholarships". The next day he had a full scholarship with board, despite him being a rather average candidate, like me.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
cool.

my dad is a doctor and he has had several research grants and stuff. he knows alot of doctors. i dont know anyone at cambridge though but my dad did some research thing in london so he might have something to do with unis over there. gee never thought of that idea. cool

chepas

HSC
After applying for and doing postgrad M/B Teaching, teaching! (Secondary: LOTE and Music)

Maybe even hopefully of English - in Quebec. :uhhuh:

J

jhakka

Teaching is also an option after you get a degree (going back to do Masters). I don't know if you need to have done relevant subjects, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)