What case studies are you doing? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Jordan Ralph said:
Is my class the only one doing Teti as a case study?
Heh, I did JFK and Teti on the side.

Have you looked at Professor Kanawati's book?

nwatts

HSC
Is it just me or is this a zillion year old thread?

Btw, i did historicity of jesus last year, got some notes for those unfortunate enough to be doing the case study in 06. If you're nice and moderately attractive i'll give them to you.

X

xeuyrawp

nwatts said:
Is it just me or is this a zillion year old thread?

Btw, i did historicity of jesus last year, got some notes for those unfortunate enough to be doing the case study in 06. If you're nice and moderately attractive i'll give them to you.
It's good to keep everything in one place, though!

I'm moderately attractive:D

BuNdYgAl

HSC
i got stuck doin JFK after the only two males in the class outvoted me, cause there was only three of us. Yes, u heard correctly........was. they both have dropped the subject leaving me to suffer with something i completely dislike. (i made them apologise to me and i even scammed a bar of chocolate) lol

i was since wondering if i could change, wat do you guys think? our school has only ever done JFK so it would be not only new to me but new to our teacher. she said that if i want to put the determination and effort in then im quite wecome to change, any suggestions on whether i should or shouldn't? *sigh* life is so complicated,a dn boys are jst plain annoyiny lol

nwatts

HSC
Nah, stick with JFK. I've known a few people to score really well doing it, and your teacher clearly knows the module having taught it before.

My rule of thumb is make sure your teachers are experts in the modules you're doing. They're paid to make sure you have all you can to perform well. Sap them for what they're worth. Mine teacher was far from an expert, and I had to work my little arse off to get decent marks, because he honestly had no idea which debates/historians/studies/etc. were and weren't appropriate for the module. Our module was *very* broad (Jebus) so it was a pain.

If you're set on changing, chat with your teacher on which modules they at least have a strong grounding within. If you change to a study that they're familiar with but haven't taught before, you're better off than just picking something you personally are interested in. Some of them are broad (as mentioned before in relation to mine) so you may have some luck.

maza1989

HSC
Hi,

I'm doing Aztecs and i'm a little bit frustrated and too much to think about if anyone is doing Aztez aswell can you please let me know thanks.

Maza:)

jesse89

HSC
we were gunna do the indigenous aussies, but we changed over to JFK at like at the start of term one after seeing last years HSC results, and it made me happy, i hate the whole study of the aboriginals, i suffered in year 9 and 10 with aussie history, so why must i suffer with more aussie history, go tha Yanks, and go all the 5 unit history people

pungemo

HSC
Damn I wanted to do 5 units of history, shame I had lots of other subjects I wanted to do too. At our school we have the choice between studying Thucydides or appeasement. I still haven't decided, I prefer Thucydides but I also prefer the teacher who's taking appeasement. Gar!

X

xeuyrawp

pungemo said:
I still haven't decided, I prefer Thucydides but I also prefer the teacher who's taking appeasement. Gar!
Go for the teacher.

HSC
Yeah i reckon Runge. They say aswell that you should go for whatever ties in with modern or ancient but i do both so i have no idea what the hell im going to do. I like both the teachers, they have the same style and knowledge really its just randall's funnier so i might go appeasement.

The main problem is that I've been doing both topic areas for ages now and im most likely just going to get sick of doing the same thing over and over.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
We're doing Churchill. For no reason I can see, and I'd much prefer to be doing one of the Ancient ones. But we have posters of Churchill up everywhere in our classroom, so I suppose there was never really much choice in the matter.

daena

Australia, in my house, in front of my computer, i
HSC
We're doing the Historicity of Jesus Christ. And damn it's pain in the ass. There's only three of us in the class and even though out teacher is really good, she's gone through so much information in huge clumps in each lesson, so by the time the class is over, it feels like your heads been beaten about with a hose.

I just sit there, trying to squeeze more information into my brain which is already overflowing with information from Biology which I should not be thinking about in Extension History. Eh...

I have my Trial exam tomorrow and I haven't even studied. I tried to but have no idea where to start. There's so much stuff to go over. And I keep getting distracted by the thought of finishing studying when I haven't even started yet.

Buggeration.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Crusades. And it isn't exactly a hard topic but I have no clue how to write my notes for it and the information is just everywhere because our teacher just throws sheets and questions at us. It's 11:10 now and I've got my trial tomorrow and I've only done the 'What is history' section of notes. I am so screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)