• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What casestudy r ppl doing in class? (1 Viewer)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I guess...it's weird. We keep asking but they keep saying "ohhh wait till after your exams...you dont need to know now".

Charon

Because my class is 50-50 moden and ancient students, we're doing both JFK and Tacitus. I must say, my teacher is pretty brave doing both, but they'll pull it off...

I don't think this approach is too common, but it kinda makes sense. The modern people might have trouble with Tacitus, and ancient students would have problems with relevance with JFK

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we do a topic that is actually niether modern or ancient, = elizabeth the 1st!

charm13

there's only 2 in my class and we're both doin jfk. I think i'd be screwed if i had to do an independent case study

HUNT

i'm doing the crusades aswell, wish i were doing big Liz the 1st, but the crusades are still really interesting ..... i love the blood and baking babies............ by the way does anyone have notes they wish to give away ????

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
-->HUNT
is ur class looking at the origins of the crusades and which historians are you studying

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
The ancient people in my class are doing tasitus...the modern people are doing JFK, so I'm doing JFK :D

The people that do both ancient and modern get to choose which one they'd prefer

shereem

We're doing Elizabeth the 1st... Aint too bad, good to look at things through a feminist perspective for once!! ;)

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
man i'm doing Napoleon, and there is like so much reading involved! esp. reading the works of pieter geyl and geoffrey ellis
sum stuff in their work r not clear and extends in form when they elaborate too much

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by shereem
We're doing Elizabeth the 1st... Aint too bad, good to look at things through a feminist perspective for once!! ;)
urgh, im so sick of feminist perspectives!! practically ALL the historians have some sort of feminist argument in them! :mad:

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Our school has
-The Athenian Agora
-Appeasement
-Jesus as a historical figure

Im so jealous that some get to do the crusadeas and Elizabeth I...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jealous? umm dont be :p

i want to do a completely modern topic...just as long as it isnt Australian!!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
well, for me I am an ancient history student who was sorted into Appeasement...Im a bit like a fish out of water...but despite that I have found it quite interesting...was Churchill always so verbose or is that just a personal thing of mine? Its so strange to have sooo many historians...in ancient Im just used to one or two...

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Sarah, you'd hate me a bit because for my project im looking at the roles of feminist perspectives and memoir history for courtesans...oh well. I had to sound vauguely intelligent now, don't I?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)