What club did you join?? (1 Viewer)

endofdroad

HSC
Hey i wanted to know what clubs people joined. Also im after the Macquarie Magic Society. I just don't know who to contact to sign up for their clubs :(

hannahxxx

HSC
Am joining the debating society, but missed o-week ( i think there's a bbq for it on sunday). Ironically the prospect of debating scares the shit out of me. Signed up for muls last year. 2 clubs is awlrite. Endofdroad have u googled macq clubs/societies or searched for it on the macq website? I remember last yr I looked at all the clubs online via searching for it on macq-they had links to websites and contact details. No luck?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thats how I got started into Debating :p

Don't debate much these days though :(

Kabbasi

HSC
endofdroad said:
Hey i wanted to know what clubs people joined. Also im after the Macquarie Magic Society. I just don't know who to contact to sign up for their clubs :(
Hey, I looked it up and they have a Facebook group. You could join and contact them - on the page it says you can email them on enquiry@mqmagic.com or go on their site which iswww.mqmagic.com

I joined the Macquarie UN Society and the Amnesty one at the O-Week. The tents were kind of cramped so it was pretty difficult to find any other groups I might have liked. I sort of wanted to go and do debating but I already put my name down for Mooting so I'll stick with one for the moment. And the Magic Society doesn't sound too bad either!

Edit: Oh and I signed up for GLP. Don't know if that counts as a group or not.

HSC
N/A
I joined the Pyromaniacs.

Best. Club. Ever.

I mean that in all seriousness - some clubs provide networking opportunities, some clubs make you feel warm and fuzzy, some clubs give you a sense of belonging. Fire twirling makes you feel FREAKIN' AWESOME, and the people are all very cool. It's the kind of thing you think you could never really do, or never really want to do, and then you give it a try, and you're hooked.

HSC
N/A
Marmalade. said:
Were there any freebies at O-week?
Free 'Red Tea' (suprisingly good) and yellow bee antennae headbands from the Commonwealth Bank. Lollies from Transition stall and apples/bananas/T-shirts/condoms/anti-smoke stuff from Welfare stall (conveniently hidden by iPod stall).

That was about all...

antisheep

HSC
That Red tea tasted more like fruit juice than tea! I must have gone through something like 5 cups during o-week and I kept on running them to my friends on the mentor stand. The lipton guys must have gotten sick of me... haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)