What Course and where??? (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

yeah that was my thinking originally, the fact that UNSW offered more commerce majors such as actuarial studies and international business. I would have put UNSW as my first preference, but I think it was more the atmosphere that turned me off there, didn't get a good vibe.

Do u study arts mainly for your first three years then commerce in your last two years?
No, i do some arts units and commerce units each year, as long as i fulfill the requirements for each award course. Although in the first year i am mostly doing Commerce units (accounting, economics, ecometrics) and a sociology unit.

Ezmay

Hey Megan, wow another animal science buddy! Yeah I am going to camden on friday. I can't wait - this whole going to uni thing is just too exciting for me! There is only 26 people doing Animal SCience so it'll be great! Atleast we'll get to know everyone.

Soul

New Title...
Hey!

Luckily i got into UNSW Combined Law! YES!!! i'm not sure what to combine it with yet

and congrats Laz, on getting into law!

oh, and hey Asquithian, if u live in your namesake i might see you on the train then fellow law student lol

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by orangeguy
how come no one seems to be going to Macquarie!!
There's a whole thread about people doing acturials at Macq!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz

No, i do some arts units and commerce units each year, as long as i fulfill the requirements for each award course. Although in the first year i am mostly doing Commerce units (accounting, economics, ecometrics) and a sociology unit.
my course program is the opposite, I am mainly doing science units and am also doing accouting as part of commerce.

lane

B psyc at newcastle second choice got the uai for med on rural scholarship but stuffed umat

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Originally posted by Bon

EAS doesn't count towards law or medicine, and I imagine vet science would come under medicine..

It's not a waste of time if you application is granted, 'cause I got into my course 4 points below the cut off.
Yeah EAS does count for vet, but apparently there was a really high standard of applicants this year , meaning that everyone who got in through access (which probably would have only been 2 or 3 people) got uai's between 97 (me) and 98 (the cut off)

I was just bummed coz I got my hopes up so high, thats all.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kini mini

I have to do accounting and econometrics in first year, after that it mainly depends on the major :)
It's not really full on 'econometrics' in first year, its jus Quantitative methods. I'm assuming this because in 2nd yr I have to do a course for my economics major entitled "Introduction to Econometrics"

Originally posted by Mambomeg

Yeah EAS does count for vet, but apparently there was a really high standard of applicants this year , meaning that everyone who got in through access (which probably would have only been 2 or 3 people) got uai's between 97 (me) and 98 (the cut off)
Yes a girl from my school got into Vet thru EAS and she got a UAI of 97

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

There's a whole thread about people doing acturials at Macq!
with a grand total of five people ... :p

hgpstar

ok, im STILL in a state of confusion over the usyd commerce compulsory subjects - are ECON 1001 and 1002 (introductory microeconomics and macroeconomics) compulsory? because everyone seems to be saying econometrics and im not sure if i have been misinformed by the fluffball on the advice line or have misread something or maybe those two subjects are just CALLED econometrics and no-one has informed me of the shorthand.

can someone please just tell me what the six compulsory ones are and where you found them out???

oooh and if you know, when do we get out timetables?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by hgpstar
ok, im STILL in a state of confusion over the usyd commerce compulsory subjects - are ECON 1001 and 1002 (introductory microeconomics and macroeconomics) compulsory? because everyone seems to be saying econometrics and im not sure if i have been misinformed by the fluffball on the advice line or have misread something or maybe those two subjects are just CALLED econometrics and no-one has informed me of the shorthand.

can someone please just tell me what the six compulsory ones are and where you found them out???

At university of Sydney I think the compulsory commerce units are accounting 1 A and 1B, business information systems, Econometrics 1001, and micro and macro economics.

I went to enrolment and I asked the person there and he mentioned these, I'm not entirely sure myself though sorry.

We get our timetables in O-week (March 5th-7th)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC

At Sydney the compulsory subjects are:
Accounting 1A (ACCT1001)
Accounting 1B (ACCT1002
Economics - Microeconomics (ECON1001)
Economics - Macroeconomics (ECON1002)
Econometrics - Busniess and economic statistics A (ECMT1010)
Business Information Systems Foundations (INFS1000)
;)

hgpstar

At Sydney the compulsory subjects are:
Accounting 1A (ACCT1001)
Accounting 1B (ACCT1002
Economics - Microeconomics (ECON1001)
Economics - Macroeconomics (ECON1002)
Econometrics - Busniess and economic statistics A (ECMT1010)
Business Information Systems Foundations (INFS1000)
;)
thankyou thankyou thankyou! i know you can change i just couldnt be stuffed ringing faculties to find out, and that bloody handbook...buggered if i could find it there!

you said you were doing sociology zannaz...? if so, see ya there!

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC

thankyou thankyou thankyou! i know you can change i just couldnt be stuffed ringing faculties to find out, and that bloody handbook...buggered if i could find it there!

you said you were doing sociology zannaz...? if so, see ya there!
That damn bus and eco handbook was confusing at first with all these credit points, minors, majors, junior, senior but its all good now, kinda got the hang of the terminology!!!

Sociology should be good this year, and yeh i'll see around. Did you do HSC Society and Culture???

SoFTuaRiaL

BE Software @ UNSW
Hoping to transfer to BE SOftware / BCom Finance when it becomes available ..... wonder how long it would take ... it was s'posed to be approved this year
:argue:
Disappointing that the uai cut-off for software at UNSW went down heaps :chainsaw: ... i was expecting it to be high .... anyone else doing software here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)