What Course and where??? (1 Viewer)

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
B Electrical Engineering @ UNSW.

I'm thinking of combining it with B Science if I do good enough.

Patch

I'm @ UWS Penrith doing B Engineering(computer).I'm thinking of a transfer to UTS next year as you get a Dip. Eng practices as well as a degree, otherwise which uni would have the best Engineering reputation in it?

chait

Originally posted by Patch
I'm @ UWS Penrith doing B Engineering(computer).I'm thinking of a transfer to UTS next year as you get a Dip. Eng practices as well as a degree, otherwise which uni would have the best Engineering reputation in it?
If you want international & domestic recognition, the 2 unis in NSW to go for are UNSW and USYD. Take a look at the links. They may be a little dated, but the same universities which are dominant in the fields listed are still so today.

http://www.the-scientist.com/yr1996/oct/research_961014.html
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr1996/oct/research_b_961014.html

btw the Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS) is part of the ANU.

'In addition to assessing research carried out during 1990 to 1994, Science Watch examined the performance of Australian universities during a longer span, from 1981 to 1994. By the measure of overall impact in all fields, IAS scored highest, with an average of 12.9 citations per paper for the 14-year period. ANU was next, with an average of 11.1. Third was the University of Melbourne (11.0 citations per paper), followed by Flinders University of South Australia (10.6), Monash University (8.4), the University of Adelaide (8.2), the University of Sydney (8.2), Griffith University (7.6), the University of Western Australia (7.4), and the University of New South Wales (7.3)'.

As I've said, these are a little dated. But it isn't often that these sorts of rankings are carried out. This is good for a general guide.. don't forget to consult other sources.

goodluck :)

Last edited:

hgpstar

Originally posted by zannaz

Sociology should be good this year, and yeh i'll see around. Did you do HSC Society and Culture???
no, i didn't, do it, but i wont let that hold me back! i actually would have liked to, but it wasnt offered, and i went for sciences, anyway. all of which are useless now!

Jesse

B. Science in Biomedical Science in Forensic Biology at UTS.

(wow - my 2nd degree!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)