what course did you pick? (1 Viewer)

snow_fanatzi

HSC
doing b of arts/master of teaching(primary) @ bankstown

im not too sure if im picking the keyprogram/major/submajor and unit to study correctly. here is what im enrolled in and correct me if im wrong.

keyprogram: psychology
major: education studies and english,text and writing
submajor: histoy,politics and philosophy

is that right? how many major are you allow to pick? and see how they say education studies are compulsory, do you enrolled in it as well?

hmm... for the unit, they say to pick only four.

1. psychology:human behaviour
2.english, text and writing
3. foundation of modern history (histoy, politics and philosophy
4.australia and the world (core unit)

tell me what you choose for ur keyprogram/majors and unit! any help is appreciated.

"Chubby"

HSC
Hi there! I'm also starting the B Arts/Masters of primary teaching this year @ Bankstown.

I chose the key program of Humanities. As my major, I chose cultural and social analysis and I'm yet to decide on my submajor.

We don't enrol in the education studies major, we just enrol in the subjects that we need to do. For e.g:

For students enrolled in the Key Programs of Psychology and Islamic Studies
Students in the Key Program of Psychology and Islamic Studies MUST satisfactorily complete the following TWO units:
101414.1 Early Mathematical Thinking 100633.1 Mathematical Patterns and Relationships Plus 20 credit points of units from the following English, Text and Writing pool
100849.1 Australian Textual Studies 101242.1 Children's Literature SS238A.1 Genres 100893.1 The Novel Plus 40 credit points of units drawn from the following pool (no more than ONE of these at Level 100):
100309.1 Contemporary Perspectives of Childhoods 101263.1 Education and Transformation 101114.1 Ethics in Education 101116.1 Issues in Aboriginal Education 101259.1 Learning and Creativity 101117.1 Learning through Community Service 101278.1 Literacy for Social Action 101428.1 Multiliteracies 101119.1 Policy, Politics and Educational Futures 101279.1 Technology, Equity and Education: Local and Global

For Physchology, I don't think you need to pick a major and subjmajor.

What you've said above, Major: english,text and writing
submajor: histoy,politics and philosophy is wrong because you can only do those IF you pick your key program as humanities. You cannot do it if you are choosing physchology as your key program.

This is taken from the UWS website:
Unit Set Structure
The Key Program in Psychology requires the successful completion of the 40 credit point Bachelor of Arts core units plus 120 credit points including the units listed below.

Anyways, the 120 credit points ( 12 subjects ) are the ones below that ive highlighted in red:

Bankstown campus
Year 1
Autumn session
BA core unit
BA core unit
101184.1 Psychology: Human Behaviour Elective unit
Spring session
BA core unit
BA core unit
101183.1 Psychology: Behavioural Science Elective unit
Year 2
Autumn session
100013.1 Experimental Design and Analysis 100020.1 Social and Developmental Psychology Elective unit
Elective unit
Spring session
100018.1 Personality, Motivation and Emotion 100022.1 Biological Psychology and Perceptual Processes Elective unit
Elective unit
Year 3
Autumn session
100016.2 Human Learning and Cognition 100015.2 History and Philosophy of Psychology Psychology unit from the prescribed pool
Elective unit
Spring session
100004.2 Abnormal Behaviour and Psychological Testing 100006.1 Advanced Survey Design and Analysis Psychology unit from the prescribed pool
Elective unit

So all in all, 3 years doing 4 subjects per semester is 240 credit points all together:

40 credit points is from the core subjects of bachelor of arts
120 credit points is from your keyprogram. If doing Humanities, 80 CP is from your major, 40 CP is from your submajor

80 is from the education studies major.

I hope all of the above help you better in some way =)

snow_fanatzi

HSC
thanks alot. yes that really help me alot. made some changes to my unit selection.
maybe i give them a call as well just to make sure. but thanks alot for taking the time to explain *bow*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)