what courses are ppl doing at uni? (1 Viewer)

meh05

ive applied for social science degrees at une and sc coffs and lismore. also primary teaching at une and lismore. what is everyone else planning on doing? any one doing these courses?

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
im going to tafe and doing cetificate 3 in networking and ive put down network enginering diploma for second choice as that requires hsc. if i do certificate 3 i can do webdesign as an option which i will probably take up aswell...

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
meh05, I have a friend looking at doing primary teaching at UNE. As for me, I want to get into speech pathology at UQ, but thats not going to happen, so second choice is BA at UQ, 3rd choice BSc at UQ, 4th choice is BCommunications at UQ, and failing all that, BA at UNE. If I don't get into any of the above, then screw uni, it obviously doesn't want me to go.

HSC
Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW I need 95.00 (I'm screwed :uhhuh: )

during uni break I'll probably do Certificate 3 & 4 in IT then a diploma just to supplement my un i degree and plus I enjoy it heaps

hipPo3

HSC
B digital media @ CoFA .. but i doubt i would get the 90 UAI
so ill prolly go for the combined degree if its avialable .. then drop the computer science

other choice is Architecture @ UNSW .. 83 UAI cut-off ..

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I've applied for a Bachelor of Creative Arts at Griffith University on the Gold Coast. Hopfully I can get into that (I've applied for both Theatre and Writing majors).

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I know its harsh, in a sense i'm choosing a near dead end degree, however i intend to complete further post grad/grad studies. Whereas I dont see where ppl will go with an arts degree?

Enlighten me, im ignorant.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
1 300307 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University
2 511504 Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
3 511515 Bachelor of Economics at University of Sydney
4 424002 Bachelor of Economics at University of New South Wales

Would like to do Com/ LLB @ usyd though. Maybe a transfer after First year if i do well enough.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Arts Graduates keep Centrelink staff in a job, I guess.
hey!

all of my preferences are arts.

the top three are creative arts/arts at UOW, arts at UOW and creative arts at UOW

i plan to do further grad study in either the UK or the USA in either history or english lit.

both of those lead into teaching positions and once i finish those grad studies, i'm fairly sure that i'd like to work at a university. not centrelink

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Casmira said:
Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW I need 95.00 (I'm screwed :uhhuh: )

during uni break I'll probably do Certificate 3 & 4 in IT then a diploma just to supplement my un i degree and plus I enjoy it heaps
they are 690 hour courses, have fun during your break.

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
I'm also into arts. I've applied for Bachelor of Arts in Cinema Studies at the University of Melbourne, and now I'm just hoping for my UAI to be just enough for me to be given a place there

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If I get in, which is likely, i'll be doing BSc (Marine Science) at USyd.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Rafy said:
1 300307 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University
2 511504 Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
3 511515 Bachelor of Economics at University of Sydney
4 424002 Bachelor of Economics at University of New South Wales

Would like to do Com/ LLB @ usyd though. Maybe a transfer after First year if i do well enough.
no commerce at UNSW? when you get your UAI, just shove com/LLB and unsw commerce in if it's reasonably realistic. if u dont make it, doesnt matter cos you'll still get one of the lower choices

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sarah168 said:
no commerce at UNSW? when you get your UAI, just shove com/LLB and unsw commerce in if it's reasonably realistic. if u dont make it, doesnt matter cos you'll still get one of the lower choices
Yeah i'll probally put B com @ UNSW in. LLB is probally unrealistic. Thats 99.6, im looking at 95ish... But yeh all depends on what uai i get! :)

darkroomgirl

HSC
B Education/B Arts (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences).

In other words, I'm gonna learn how to teach English and History to high school kids like ourselves so that I could mess their minds up ('In The Wild' and 'Retreat From The Global', anyone?).

It's 83.15 and I think I could get it. Oh yeah, and I applied for one of those teaching scholarships.

nwatts

HSC
I've applied for the same courses as Tulipa. Creative writing at UOW, and a double with arts and creative writing.

My first pref is a double with communications/media (journalism) and creative writing (also at UOW), but it's more of a dream course, as I can't see myself getting the UAI needed to get into this particular degree. I've put it as number one to show my parents that I have motivation to get that 90UAI ;), although i'll be just as happy doing a creative writing degree on its own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)