• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what degree can i do with 70s atar that is similar to law (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Honestly do something like a Bachelor of Arts at usyd (atar 85), and then internally transfer into law. U can do this for whatever University, just start with b arts and transfer

skzza

HSC
i wanna do law but my marks are not high enough :(
do the degree you want to combine your law degree w and then ipt in your second year, most people would do a bachelor or arts or commerce but keep in mind you want to pick a degree you know you'll get a high wam in because that's what you'll use to transfer^^

Also, if you make law for unis that have lower entry requirements such as acu or uow and then you can transfer after a while aswell (I had a look at acu the entry req is 75 so if you perform well in the hsc you'll def get in^^)

Last edited:

jane1820

HSC
Maybe become a teacher? Idk what the atar requirments for teaching is but becoming a teacher (even if just a casual) then transferring can be good
also since teaching is widely available u can get a job while studying law so tbh i think teaching is a good ‘career’

Solarised

HSC
Maybe become a teacher? Idk what the atar requirments for teaching is but becoming a teacher (even if just a casual) then transferring can be good
also since teaching is widely available u can get a job while studying law so tbh i think teaching is a good ‘career’
Having good advice while having your hsc in 2026 is some crazy work :blink2:

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
yeah im looking into teaching as well... i'd wanna be a high school art teacher, but is it possible to transfer into law from there

jane1820

HSC
So what course ar you aiming for rn
Hmm well my parents want me to get a phd (even if i dont end up lecturing at a uni) n my mum is always recommending teaching bc its a good career (its the definition of ‘work smarter not harder’) n tbh i think i want to be either an optometrist or a math teacher not just bc of my mums influence but bc i generally love math lol

yh but if im being honest im a lazy person n i think im gonna get an atar between 80-90 so fingers crossed (im judging before i even start yr 11 lol)

Solarised

HSC
Hmm well my parents want me to get a phd (even if i dont end up lecturing at a uni) n my mum is always recommending teaching bc its a good career (its the definition of ‘work smarter not harder’) n tbh i think i want to be either an optometrist or a math teacher not just bc of my mums influence but bc i generally love math lol

yh but if im being honest im a lazy person n i think im gonna get an atar between 80-90 so fingers crossed (im judging before i even start yr 11 lol)
W career aspirations 👍

Demons

goated member
HSC

if already know this much about the HSC, I think you might even get above 90. When I was in year 10 I knew jackshit about this stuff.

bbmiffy

HSC
Its requires 85 atar tho, they have projected 70s 💀
in usyd's mysydney scheme, if they live in a socioeconomically disadvantaged area and makes usyd arts their first uac preference, the atar requirement can be lowered to 70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)