What did every1 make for major works? (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
rp said:
Hey,

i made a 3D animation involving a Matrix Chicken and a Sentinel robot.. The animation goes 4 roughly 3mins... Also i made an interactive CD and a website 2 promote the cartoon n stuff.. took a while, it was a bittch n a half..
Did 4 portfolios 2,
1. Design and Research
2. Calculations
3. Character Production
4. Movie Production and Evaluation

http://www.geocities.com/thematrixchickenmovie/

Hey can u guys post a link 2 ur website 4 ur mm majors, i wouldnt mind seein the quality otha ppl did..

;)

hey your matrixchickenythingymabob is cool... great work!

however the Sentinel... arent they already part of 'The Matrix' the movie... were you allowed ot copy that?

Last edited:

rp

yeh i know copyright shit... i dnt care seriously, i think u can use stuff like that if u give credit and acknowledgment 2 the creators..

thanx flipsyde.. im glad u like it ;)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
funk_master81 said:
my powerpoint is 8 slides pretty much all photos

Yeah. You will prolly wanna make somthing more.. ummm.. whats the word... Interactive is the onlt one that comes to mind. You can make an 8 slide PP presentation in 10mins if you want to thats why its not really going to get u the marks. Remember- the major is worth 60%.

funk_master81

HSC
probably...there pretty neat those things

i also think a bit of fading text would get me like above 60%

geeb

HSC
although my major wasnt a powerpoint presentation, it was of my year gp and i created it on Director, Funk, you could probly do the same thing its not hard to create and make it interactive. Mine was set up like a DVD where there was an animated intro only of photos and words, this lead to the main menu screen where the user had 4 options, this is simple to do as you just need to create the links. The first option was a link to an introduction movie that told the user what is was about, i created a voice over for this and stuck it in. The other options had links to various aspects of school stuff, like one was a link to a movie purely on sport photos and had Eye of the Tiger playing in the background.

This sort of thing is simple and easy to make interactive...as you can see i did multimedia for my HSC this year, i got full marks for my project in the early stages and then 57/60 for my final before i handed it in to the BOS for HSC marking.

Funk, it doesnt really matter how basic your presentation is if your documentation describes everything you did and changed as this is a lot of the marks. oh and make sure you do your journal everyday...it saves a hell of a lot of time at the end

Good luck and if you need help, let me know

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
Im gonna go one betta than powerpoint, im gonna go fuckin Opus, das shiz is da bomb o yea, the transitions on dat r way more advanced....like WHOOOOOA

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Funk Master.... you can make a powerpoint presentation if you want to... Im just offering my advice... you also get marked on the degree of difficulty of the project. Make it as a slideshow if you want... but I dont recommend it. In the end its your choice and goodluck with that :) But Im strongly recommending that you dont because the degree of difficulty is minimal.
For example I have the marking criteria here with me for our in class project in which we had to submit our project so far and this is what we were marked on. Ill just give you a few examples for now and complete it later.

Marking Criteria

33-40 A Highly demanding project with evidence of high
quality in the application of skills and techniques in the planning
and production of the major project

9-16 A project of Minimal difficulty with evidence of basic
quality in the application of skills and techniques in planning
and production of the major project.

Im not saying that you will get the minimal mark (which isnt even up there anyway) Im just demonstrating to you that you get marked on the degree of difficulty.

Last edited:

silver10

HSC
You're an idiot funk.

I'm making a 3D animation using Cinema 4D. Hopefully I can pull it off

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
reading this makes me want to drop ITM.. i couldn't imagine spending over 1grand on a hsc project.. =\ do you guys get reinbursed for your expenses?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
reading this makes me want to drop ITM.. i couldn't imagine spending over 1grand on a hsc project.. =\ do you guys get reinbursed for your expenses?
You dont get reinbursed at all.. you dont HAVE to spend over 1 grand.. I didnt. Dont drop ITM, youll love it, its great.

pennywise

HSC
im doing electronics
and making an electronic mail sensor, which detects mail in a letterbox with infrared light barrier then sends a signal to a scrolling LED diplay screen which says 'you have mail' or whatever

stu_jacks88

Multimedia Major

I do multimedia and I'm still completing my major project. Its an information package centred on 'The Ocean'. Its aimed at school kids in years 6,7 and 8 who are studying either geography or science, or just the ocean in general (year 6 kids). I don't have many 3D modelling skills or advanced flash or director skills, but my project is one of the most professional looking in my class.
My folio aint finished yet but it should be at least 100 pages, and thats good enough for me. If anyone has any suggestions for folio sections (other than normal ones like statement of intent, etc) post em up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)