what did everyone think of oweek? (1 Viewer)

kennalj

HSC
personally I was hoping that the jumping castle would have been bigger, but I got a lot of candy out of it so I'm happy.

dam the campus is sexy

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hoping to get some fairy floss tomorrow, even if I have to steal someone's access card or flirt with the floss provider.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
going tomorrow :)

wow sounds like they use the access card for lots of things. im not getting one, so what can i do tomorrow?

oh dear god PLEASE tell me we are allowed to use the jumping castle without an access card

kennalj

HSC
going tomorrow :)

wow sounds like they use the access card for lots of things. im not getting one, so what can i do tomorrow?

oh dear god PLEASE tell me we are allowed to use the jumping castle without an access card

I really hate having to tell you this, but the jumping castle is more of a jumping outhouse.

You need the access for almost everything. I spent about $200 ( ZOMFG ) for joining SUAC, SUSF and USU. I have faith it'll be worth it.

ajay098

HSC
i manage to get a copy of the bleach poster in the anime stand!:rofl: i thk i was like the first person there and i wanted the poster, so the guy made a deal with me. membership for poster along with cute ID card and a discount card for an icecream shop! :haha::haha:

i thk O-week is fun with ur friends, go earli ( avoid peak hour around 11-2) and the lectures are SO PACKED and simplified (the essay writing was really simplified)!

Also, i also got a free accounting t-shirt, the girls at the stand wasnt sure about the cost so they just gave me one for free! got to love early starts!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What did you get in it?
- Lip balm x2 (2 different sorts, one was the tub, the other was a stick)
- 2x Gum. :)
- Diary
- Condom
- Coke Zero (not a fan of Coke Zero, but whatever, I'll take it cause it was free)
- A reusable water bottle with OWeek insignia

Er....that's all that I can remember from the top of my head.... :(
Looking back at that list, wasn't as cool as I first thought.

thesecond

HSC
O-week was a bit meh imo. Lectures were boring and basic, clubs were interesting, freebies were good, access line was too long. Somebody should have told everyone there was another stand further in.
Made a few new aquantinces, phone numbers exchanged and all.
But really was overhyped by my mentor.

- Lip balm x2 (2 different sorts, one was the tub, the other was a stick)
- 2x Gum. :)
- Diary
- Condom
- Coke Zero (not a fan of Coke Zero, but whatever, I'll take it cause it was free)
- A reusable water bottle with OWeek insignia

Er....that's all that I can remember from the top of my head.... :(
Looking back at that list, wasn't as cool as I first thought.
I forgot to get my access bag!!! Must go back tommorow and get all of this.

Soubrette

HSC
I thought it was pretty good, joined some clubs, went to some lectures. I think I remember them having the live music in the quad a couple of years ago with some food stands which seemed to provide a better atmosphere, but maybe they couldn't due to the rain? (Or I might be thinking of an info day? hmm). All in all pretty good, went a bit further in my quest to scope out the good coffee places.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
it was so overrated. I went with my friends which made it better, but we didnt have access cards so it was pretty much crap. however, i did get a free sausage sizzle from christian people (i nearly forgot to get a sausage with my bread >_<), and some girl offered me some orange sherbert lollies so i grabbed a whole handful hahaha :)

we mostly just looked around campus and tried to suss out the buildings where our classes are, the bars, and the wentworth building.
and that was how i discovered that carslaw smells like sewerage. also went to broadway :)

x_symphonic

HSC
AWESOME FREEBIES :). I won a webcam -yay- from that harvey norman place. I scabbed alot of those coke drinks, lanyards, pens, gum etc LOL. Only bad thing was you needed access card to join those societies and stuff ;(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
wtf i didnt get that much free stuff
fook that

what were those cans of stuff they were giving out at the commonwealth bank stand?

Soubrette

HSC
wtf i didnt get that much free stuff
fook that

what were those cans of stuff they were giving out at the commonwealth bank stand?
Don't worry, as a uni student you will learn the ways of acquiring many free goods. I once got a badge in a free bag filled with free stuff that simply read "Free is good," and I have stuck by this motto most faithfully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)