What did you guys think? (1 Viewer)

bacon_its_bacon

HSC
Just mulling over how bad the scaling is for engineering studies...... oh and how so little people get band 6's! it sux so bad. I bet this subject is the one that isn't counted for me.

bacon_its_bacon

HSC
yeah i thought the exam wasn't the hardest of exams. the only question that i found hard was question one lol. it was either point C or area under both. other than that i found the exam pretty good hey. it might be a good thing this year! maybe more people will get band 6's!

DE MAN

HSC
bacon_its_bacon said:
yeah i thought the exam wasn't the hardest of exams. the only question that i found hard was question one lol. it was either point C or area under both. other than that i found the exam pretty good hey. it might be a good thing this year! maybe more people will get band 6's!

um guys i don't know if the exam in every state is different which i thing it is but i found the nsw test hard but there were some areas which i could work out that were not easy and i would certainly say that it was not an easy exam and also if yoiu check the nsw hsc exam for 2005 is totally different the 06 and in fact for me and many of my class freinds found the test of this year twice as hard as it was last year and also i want to confirm is it true that the exam in everysate is different can anyone tell me if this is true?

Last edited:

bacon_its_bacon

HSC
yes it is tru all states are different. but all states sit the HSC at different times. and i sat the HSC today in NSW so i would have had the same exam as you did.

andyman20

HSC
I think I did ok... :rofl:
It was easier than last year's paper
But it won't count for me anyway
So I don't give a fark what I get

donrob15

HSC
i thought it was easy and only had trouble with 1 or 2 2 markers and the 4 mark pictorial which i didnt really attempt. but other than that it was easy. and how easy was the hybrid vehicle part? so much u can talk about.

ando88

HSC
hMM, anyone find that it was a litle'higgle-di-piggle-di'?... No flow to the questions if you know what I meaan. Like last year, there was a mechanics, drawing, materials and production question on the same telstra phone booth. This year it was all over the place!.. Anyone get 100kgs for that playground beam question?... Agree? Cheers . Ando

NuTPeA

HSC
OOOOOOOH DEAAAAR... i did shockin, i got in feelin good got about halfway through without too much worry, but then i got hungry and tired (thank you parents who thought it was a morning exam!) and all i could think of was goin to subway =( no pass but the footlong meatball cured the pain =)

Norry

HSC
Playgrounf Question...the Load was 50kg while teh reactions at teh supports were 250N each.

I thought the test was very easy and it would have been better if it was harder.It would be easy 2 get a good mark wit B.S if u don't know wat ur talkin bout.

Cheers

L i q u i d

HSC
can you all post what you got for multiple choice so we can compare answers and find out what is correct.
Mine were:
C
C
B
C
B
B
A
D
D
A

DE MAN

HSC
hey guy

so then i guess it's just me since everyone thought it was an EASY exam and what did you guys write in the first part factor of safety in manufacture of marterials and all that i just want to see wether i was on track as i might have stuffed up as everyone things it was easy except me

DE MAN

HSC
i got which i think most aren't right but here they are:
1b
2c
3c
4c
5b
6b
7b
8d
9b
10d
not sure if the answers right thou as there's a pattern but they are the only asnwers that made sense to me everyother anwser seemed wrong

bacon_its_bacon

HSC
yeah factor of safety and materials were on the right track.

To Norry: It was definitely 100kg because the bending moment was 750nm at 1.5m (you may have thought it was 3m) as 750/1.5=500N therefore the Reaction A was 500N. then you repeat the process with the other side and get 500N also. Then you test using the bending moments at different points e.g at Reaction B it should be 0 (shown on graph) 500*3 -750*1.5 = 0. This works and therefore the total mass in the middle was 1000N and therefore 102kg

*edit* I hope that made sense. anyone that does engineering should have got the gist of what I was saying.

Last edited:

Spon888

HSC
Q1 is Area A only, as resilience is ability to deform and reform within elastic region.

What was a material you add to vulcanised rubber to make it into a composite for better tyres?

therz_danger

HSC
Give Me A Kiss, Coz Thats What I Got FOR THE PLAYGROUND MASS AND ALSO QUESTION 1 IS A!!!! thanx "spon888" AND "BACON ITS BACON"

therz_danger

HSC
bacon_its_bacon said:
yeah factor of safety and materials were on the right track.

To Norry: It was definitely 100kg because the bending moment was 750nm at 1.5m (you may have thought it was 3m) as 750/1.5=500N therefore the Reaction A was 500N. then you repeat the process with the other side and get 500N also. Then you test using the bending moments at different points e.g at Reaction B it should be 0 (shown on graph) 500*3 -750*1.5 = 0. This works and therefore the total mass in the middle was 1000N and therefore 102kg

*edit* I hope that made sense. anyone that does engineering should have got the gist of what I was saying.
THATS RIGHT GIVE ME A KISS HAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)