what do i do (1 Viewer)

vajayjay

HSC
Question for mod a.
For my last assessment I did 3 paragraphs (however it was a 50 minute exam, which is 25% more time than you get in the hsc). I feel like as I cut the three paragraphs down to fit into a size I can write in 40 minutes, my argument is weakening because I can't expand on my arguments enough within 150 words per text (Since I'm trying to keep each paragraph to 300 words if I do 3). Do you think I should just stick with 3, or potentially scrap a paragraph and do 2 longer?

Only dilemma is that my teachers were really against me only doing two paragraphs, and said that without the third in my recent task, I wouldn't have scored well.

But I feel like I'm not writting well if my ideas are surface level. Can someone help?

MJRey

HSC
Definitely stick with three. Having three ideas to discuss and analyse is guaranteed to get you higher marks, so I'd suggest practicing with actually writing out your essay. See how long it takes you to write three paragraphs within a 40 minute time frame. Maybe you need to cut down on your intro + conclusions (a lot of people tend to put way too much in these when you don't need to), or maybe you need to be more concise in your other paragraphs. Or it could even be a case of needing to train your hand to write faster, which can only come with practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)