What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (1 Viewer)

Moooooo

HSC

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
3. Those "always want to be on top students" that will go to great lengths to prove that they should've performed better than yourself. We had a topic test on business because we finished the first topic and I was the only one in the class that got a perfect mark of 100. This kid that I thought was actually my friend went to great lengths to try and prove I cheated or got assistance from someone in the test when he couldn't. I like competition, it motivates you; but having kids that go to the degree of suspecting you of cheating is too far.

'Care
Good job, was it an easy test hahaha?
But seriously, haters gonna' hate, this world is imperfect so it's expected...

uber_noobtube

HSC
N/A
What I hate about year 11...
1. The kids that you see wander around the school and a few of them are in my business and English class. Kids that literally don't give a crap about how they perform or what's going to happen if they fail the HSC, they are simply satisfied by saying "I done the HSC". Today in business I literally wanted to go up to a kid and shake him and say "if year 8 had re-enrollments you wouldn't make it". I do believe that not all students can receive straight A's but there's a fine line between trying your best and doing nothing at all. Not to say this in a satirical or uplifting manner but seriously, there are kids who had the choice but should've never come back to year 11.

2. The teachers. This mainly applies right now to my general maths class, even though I'm aceing the subject; this teacher can't let go of the fact that he caught me playing a game in year 8 when we first got our laptops. After we finished a topic test yesterday we all went on world maths day and he said "what game are you playing now". Little things like that just get annoying especially when it happens like every lesson. In addition to the whole teachers topic, some teachers that really over-exaggerate upcoming tests or assessment tasks. I feel that I'm better off with a harder assignment/test with a teacher that doesn't exaggerate it and when that does happen, I tend to do very well regardless of the difficulty of the assessment. When they do exaggerate it, it makes me evermore stressed and I tend to make silly mistakes and not perform to the rest of my ability (friends and I were talking about this today, actually).

3. Those "always want to be on top students" that will go to great lengths to prove that they should've performed better than yourself. We had a topic test on business because we finished the first topic and I was the only one in the class that got a perfect mark of 100. This kid that I thought was actually my friend went to great lengths to try and prove I cheated or got assistance from someone in the test when he couldn't. I like competition, it motivates you; but having kids that go to the degree of suspecting you of cheating is too far.

'Care
That's why being in a selective helps. Nothing else.

Examine

same
HSC
And that is why you don't do General Maths.

such_such

HSC
HOLY MOLY xD
Is that like 4U + 3U both at Truong with more maffs at PEAK?

My tutor schedule is like 2 for Maffs (tipps), 1.5 english and 1.5 physics :/

Heard the schedule at macfields is crazy :/
Haha not really. For most people yes, but for some reason the teachers I have don't give out that much homework :)

& I don't do 4U :) N&S, PEAK 11 3U AND PEAK 12 3U

I know someone else who has the same times as me but she does 4U instead of yr11 in our grade from another school. So I'm not the only crazy one :L

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Need general maths tutor, struggling and finding it extremely hard.
:/
REAAAAALLLLYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW?
REEEAALLLYYYY?
Might as well drop MAFFS altogether if that's the case and do something that scales better...

Examine

same
HSC
Hey Rivalry is a warranty:
(a) A promise made by the business that the product is of reasonable quality.
(b) A legal obligation to refund if a product is faulty or does not fit its purpose.

Which one would you pick?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Rivalry is a warranty:
(a) A promise made by the business that the product is of reasonable quality.
(b) A legal obligation to refund if a product is faulty or does not fit its purpose.

Which one would you pick?
Ahahaha, I'm not too sure (obv you're better at Business Studies), but I'd go with B (cause' it sounds more technical and correct)
A 'promise' seems too casual...
They both look kind of right...

Examine

same
HSC
Ahahaha, I'm not too sure (obv you're better at Business Studies), but I'd go with B (cause' it sounds more technical and correct)
A 'promise' seems too casual...
They both look kind of right...
See, I had a Business Studies exam worth 15%, and it seemed to be the question which bugged me. Out of the actual smart people in the cohort, 1/4 pick B (I picked B), though 3/4 picked A. (This was multiple choice). The problem was that in the textbook it said that a warranty was a promise (textbook definition: A warranty is a promise made by a business that they will correct any defects in the goods that they produce or in the services that they deliver), though in a different context and different words, and I guess it depends on what you consider to be "quality", though I thought that the first one would be a guarantee rather than a warranty, which seems to be the general argument of the people who picked B, though I am not sure if you are actually legally obligated to give out a warranty. Overall the question was quite ambiguous, though I wanted to see other peoples opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)