What do you do the day before an exam? (1 Viewer)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I'm wondering what you're supposed to do the day before an exam. People say cramming does nothing but stress you out, but I'm not sure I'd feel right watching dvds or going to the beach when I'll be in an exam hall the next day. So yeah, please give your thoughts...

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
CRamming is the BEST thing you can ever do! i find watching tv or dvd's of something stresses me out more, bcos i keep thinking you should be studing! and when i study, its more effective bcos im like look, tomo is your test, you have to learn this. SO cram all you can, and if you are expecting to do well, dont spend the night before your exam watching a dvd, or doing something else you can (peacefully & much more enjoyably) do after the hsc!
But go to bed early, cos i think if you stay up heaps late, you end up procasting and stressing yourself out, so if you're not studing sleep! and wake up the next morning. I can't express how important a good nights sleep is b4 an exam, it will help you on soo many levels.
Goodluck. Go study! lol

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
just have fun and take it easy.

dont study, but just read over ur notes, and maybe go over the things that are expected to come in the 2008 exams :) if you've worked well prior to the exam days, you should have no need to study or cram :)

wLym

HSC
personally i NEED to study even if i am well prepared. And if im not prepared? well...then study anyway lol. Gets u in the zone. And its not like a 3 hour exam needs a WHOLE DAY to relax and charge up the energy >.> Energy might as well be spent studying, then you wont have to spend as much energy on the day remembering stuff u didnt study the day before lol.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
light revision
call the friends and see if theyre coping
talking to friends in uni to reassure myself this is just the first of many big hills
more light revision

HSC
business tomorrow. my prescription was cram cram cram, make up acronyms to remember syllabus, do papers etc i can't just sit around doing nothing the day before an exam, why waste all that time?

SpoonSamba

HSC
i'll be cramming

it works, its awlays worked for me, cos i never study til the day before

so tomorrrows gonna be a fun day of skrzynecki :):):):), i just think this time tomorrow i can forget all of this but right now just absorb CRAMCRAMACRAM, but if u unlike me have been a diligent worker all yr and know the content and have no need to cram

...then i have no advice for u as i have never been in that position.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Yeah... ok definately got at leat some light revision going. I can't really do nothing either, i feel much to guilty. But it's funny, i haven't been nervous about the HSC til now but I've just started to get the odd butterfly in my stomach. Anyway we'll be fine... good luck everyone :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
mass cram mania...then wake up early, re commencing cram mania.

ASNSWR127

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Yeah... ok definately got at leat some light revision going. I can't really do nothing either, i feel much to guilty. But it's funny, i haven't been nervous about the HSC til now but I've just started to get the odd butterfly in my stomach. Anyway we'll be fine... good luck everyone :)
Yeah I reckon one way or another we will be fine :)

Is it heartening to know that others are going through the same thing?

It is for me lol, mind you I am not at all concerned, worried or in any way stressed - but for those that are a very hearty good luck and best wishes to you all!

tabbaa

HSC
cram like you never crammed before..

cram like a whore.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Wow, I think I've read the word 'cram' so much it's lost all meaning.

Yeah, OP, I had your concern also. What I intend to do is practise writing my essay and short story, analyse a few comprehension texts and make some 'just in case' notes. As someone said before, light calm revision is good. I also plan on maybe taking a walk or something. They usually refresh me.

Good luck! =]

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
wake up early... like whatever time i would have to wake up the next day.
a big breakfast.. today i had bacon & egg on multigrain toast ('twas awesome).
then i show my commitment (LOL) to my family by cooking pancakes for my siblings.
after this i check BOS/emails until 9 am at the latest
then at a leisurely speed i do one last practice paper...
after this i rest, watch some dr phil (hahaha)
then... depends on the exam really. for english i rewrite all my quotes and rewrite them until i can recite them all.
for others? maybe another practice exam.
then i don't do ANYTHING to do with study until around... *estimates* an hour before i go to bed... at which point i either...
1. review quotes
OR
2. revise the module with which i had most difficulty
THEN i go to bed and wake up and *tadaa* in the morning its all in my head.
YAYYYY.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
wake up early... like whatever time i would have to wake up the next day.
a big breakfast.. today i had bacon & egg on multigrain toast ('twas awesome).
then i show my commitment (LOL) to my family by cooking pancakes for my siblings.
after this i check BOS/emails until 9 am at the latest
then at a leisurely speed i do one last practice paper...
after this i rest, watch some dr phil (hahaha)
then... depends on the exam really. for english i rewrite all my quotes and rewrite them until i can recite them all.
for others? maybe another practice exam.
then i don't do ANYTHING to do with study until around... *estimates* an hour before i go to bed... at which point i either...
1. review quotes
OR
2. revise the module with which i had most difficulty
THEN i go to bed and wake up and *tadaa* in the morning its all in my head.
YAYYYY.
Sounds suprisingly like me, particularly the Dr Phil thing.
=d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)