What do you think is the worst features of your university? (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
Alright we all go to university, no university is perfect. Whats shit about your university?

Id have to say the beurocracy at USYD is bloody awful.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
My shitty lecture times and the copious amounts of walking between different faculties.

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
bad thing abut syd would be the timings my friedn has classes from 8 basicly every morning...the uts building is ugly ubt the business and law faclities near the markets are awsome

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Admin as well, but really, its not completely there fault. I;d also say the richmond train line, but its got nothing to do with the uni, just felt like complaining about it :p

S

Shuter

The fact there's not much fresh air, but most of the Sydney uni's don't really anyway.

LazyBoy

HSC
come to unviersity of sydney some time shuter. I get plenty fresh air and im an asthmatic.

Personally i think its really shit for people at UWS and UTS who have to go to different campus's for different subjects. Thats an incredibly flawed plan, but yeah luckily most people at my uni dont have to do that. I know a mate of mine at UTS hates ahving to go to different campus's.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
bitch at the student centre
i manage to have her everytime i go
shes just treats me like shit
actually they are all bitches

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LazyBoy said:
Personally i think its really shit for people at UWS and UTS who have to go to different campus's for different subjects.
I go to three different campuses in 5 days by public transport, richmond, parra and blacktown. Its pretty cool actually, each campus is unique and you get to experience something about each area.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
LazyBoy said:
come to unviersity of sydney some time shuter. I get plenty fresh air and im an asthmatic.

Personally i think its really shit for people at UWS and UTS who have to go to different campus's for different subjects. Thats an incredibly flawed plan, but yeah luckily most people at my uni dont have to do that. I know a mate of mine at UTS hates ahving to go to different campus's.
It would be better than having to do subjects at Shoalhaven UOW, Wollongong UOW, or Moss Vale, etcetera.

Where to start about what's wrong with UOW. hmm. The lecturers write in Internetisms, which make anyone who use them look like an idiot, regardless of whether or not they're on the Internet. The lecture notes and assignment specifications are poorly written, there are some people studying university subjects who cannot speak a word of English. Zealot hippies who ruin things for everyone, and zealot hippies who think the uni is above all, and anyone who says otherwise is a snob. Those people are fuckheads beyond all recognition. :)

I had to do groupwork with a bloke who spoke only Mandarin and German. Not nice. :)

jellybeenz

HSC
The walk (or should I say run) from Carslaw to Wallace (and vice versa) that I have to make twice a week in the space of approximately 7 minutes.... yeah I know someone else will complain about something else thats a million times worse than my complaint... so sorry in advance but that is my biggest complaint about my uni at the moment...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Worst Feature: The stupid mark101 lecturer deleting bits of the lecture notes posted online just to piss everyone off.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I have no idea... LazyBoy, I would have to say :).

Given that I have been free of administrative hassles and that I have (by and large) never had a problem with any of my lecturers/tutors... I guess that I could say that the standard expected of the students seems too low, and then there is also the union card that was just introduced this year, and then there is the weekly fire alarm in the Carslaw complex (not an issue for mefrom this year on, which is great), and I could also mention the bastards who smoke along the Redfern station walk, and then there is always the EU and it's happy happy joy joy street preachers... Basically, I have been there for some time so any true problem is no longer an issue in my mind.

LazyBoy

HSC
jellybeenz said:
The walk (or should I say run) from Carslaw to Wallace (and vice versa) that I have to make twice a week in the space of approximately 7 minutes.... yeah I know someone else will complain about something else thats a million times worse than my complaint... so sorry in advance but that is my biggest complaint about my uni at the moment...
That really isnt that hard.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW...the trek from lower to upper campus, and student politicians.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the distance between one lecture and the next at USYD (think Bosch to the engineering buildings...). And the fact that often lecturers expect you to be on time (even early) yet contradict themselves when they let us out ON THE DOT ON THE HOUR, leaving us well...0 seconds to get to the next class on time. It's a vicious cycle...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
proximity to good food :p

//edit: our lectures arent recorded :(

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:
The lecturers write in Internetisms, which make anyone who use them look like an idiot, regardless of whether or not they're on the Internet

The lecture notes and assignment specifications are poorly written, there are some people studying university subjects who cannot speak a word of English.

Zealot hippies who ruin things for everyone, and zealot hippies who think the uni is above all, and anyone who says otherwise is a snob. Those people are fuckheads beyond all recognition. :)
1. Your lecturers are stupid then. LoLz. Maybe they're trying to blend in with people in the undergrad age range? :p

2. That depends on lecturer to lecturer and faculty to faculty. I have'nt had such problems. I think some are overly verbose though, when communicating.

3. I agree. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)