What do you think of your course? (1 Viewer)

thehootman

HSC
Hi,

I am tossing up between UTS and another uni for mechanical engineering in 08.

What do you think of the engineering faculty? The teaching? The facilities? The course? etc...

thehootman

HSC
Thanks musk for your reply. UNSW was my other choice, although i think i am leaning towards UTS.

Are tutors/lecturers good and helpful? I ask this because my brother did IT at UTS and struck some lecturers who could hardly communicate in english.

johnnypaul

HSC
haha im Asian.

I am looking at doing ICT Engineering with a major in Computer Systems. But I have a very limited knowledge of programming, but I was told that since Im pretty decent at maths (got a band 6 in Maths and 43 for Ext. 1 Maths), then it shouldnt be a problem?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
lol. what u expect from an engineering academic. i pretty much hate everyone in the electrical and electrical-related streams at UNSW. im thinking about transferring to mq. (Ive applied through uac). Not only does MQ seem more easy going (I recently took part in an experiment as part of a professor's research , lecturer was pretty cool), it's also about 1 hr less travel time. the only problem is that my brain tells me MQ for engineering could be like going to the frying pan to the fire.

my course is first-year computer engineering.. it's ok, i can see myself liking the later units.. but god i hate going to unsw from the hills district

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)