What Do You Think of Your Prelim Subjects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Heyy,
So I've just chosen my subs and I'm not looking to change but I just want to know what ppl think of the subjects they do.
I'm hopefully doing: Advanced English, English Ex 1, Mathematics, Studies of Religion 1, PDHPE, Modern History, Drama, Sports Lifestyle & Rec, and my reserve is Legal Studies, so if you've got any opinions on these in particular please say them but any subs are fine :)
Thanks!
PS: What kind of assignments have you gotten so far if u do any of these subjects?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
http://community.boredofstudies.org...oughts-and-reflections-on-your-Yr-11-subjects

Wow, you have a lot of subject anxiety 2013er :p
I'll answer for the in common subjects I do with you, cause that's what you are obvs interested in.
English Adv: Okay our assessment tasks have been;
AOS, which was a Term 1 exam with an essay and Q's and we had an assignment which was a portfolio comprising of 3 pieces (one creative, one analysis of a AV text, one analysis of non AV text), we had a comparative study Emma/Clueless in class essay was the assessment, for Shakespeare we did Othello and had to do representation and a speech and we have a final prelim exam with many different parts including Q's, essay, creative etc.
English Ext 1:
First assessment task was in class essay about Romanticism
Second was a creative story
Third was an in class essay on texts and values
Fourth was a speech on a play we studied
Not sure what's in final exam yet-prob essays seeing as it's English

Mathematics:
We just have 3 tests in Yr 11-so I've had two so far and I have my final at end of term 3.

Modern History:
We had a source based case study test in Term 1
Our term 1 exam was based on our first two topics-with dates, short q's, source based q's, long response
We had to research a personality (MLK) for an in class essay
We had a end of Term 2 test on our next topic-dates, sources, short answer, long response
This term we had to do an assignment and an accompanying speech-we had a few topics to pick from
Then we have a final term 3 exam which is on everything except our first case study source investigation

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hence why this human is going to do well in his/her HSC. Impressive you are researching the art of Preliminaryness right now.

HSC
Uni Grad
Hating Modern History at the moment, my yearly exam for that is on Wednesday and half of the things that she mentioned that we are supposed to know for the exams, I swear she never taught us that. Then one topic that we did, Russian Revolution is totally out of our exam so it's pretty much a 20mark essay on China and the fall of the Qing Dynasty, source analyse short answers and multiple choice on WWI and source analyse. T.T"

HSC
Hence why this human is going to do well in his/her HSC. Impressive you are researching the art of Preliminaryness right now.
Haha yeah, I'm really hoping I picked the right subs and that they're gonna turn out how I want them to! Thanks :)

Hating Modern History at the moment, my yearly exam for that is on Wednesday and half of the things that she mentioned that we are supposed to know for the exams, I swear she never taught us that. Then one topic that we did, Russian Revolution is totally out of our exam so it's pretty much a 20mark essay on China and the fall of the Qing Dynasty, source analyse short answers and multiple choice on WWI and source analyse. T.T"
Oh, I hope my teacher doesn't end up like that! Thanks and good luck with your exam :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Don't worry, I was the same in the Yr 10, subject choice is hard. It's like a road with 90000 forks in it due to all the combos. It seems you've thought your subjects through though, so it should be mostly good, after all, you can always drop at the end of Yr 11.

Lucas_

HSC
I'm in year 11 at the moment and do some of the subjects you're considering. Words to wise: SLR is the greatest subject in the history of my life.

HSC
I'm in year 11 at the moment and do some of the subjects you're considering. Words to wise: SLR is the greatest subject in the history of my life.
Haha kk thanks :) Shame I only get to do it for year 11 :( (school's choice not mine!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)