• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you think the candidature for 2004 is like compared to previous years? (1 Viewer)

HELPMEIMFAILING

UAI and HSC marks are a representation of how well you did against the state? Is this true? And if it is how do you rate the candidature of 2004 compared to previous years from a scale of 1-10 (1 = not so competitive 10 = brains)?

Judging from my school I'd say this year is gonna be hella competitive!
Also previous 4U students.. can i get some advice... my 4u class.. everyone somehow seems to be doing the entire 8 questions of past papers in like 2.5hrs whereas i can only do like 4.. is this bad? ARGGHHh thanks!

What do you think the candidature for 2004 is like compared to previous years?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
unless the class of '04 has picked up markedly since we '03ers left, you guys are crap (well, based on my school, at least)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
hmm well more and more people each year know this site, so that means more notes to all meaning more smarter kids.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Li0n said:
hmm well more and more people each year know this site, so that means more notes to all meaning more smarter kids.
or lazier kids...

zhongie

HSC
In our school, we're alot better than 03, but who knows?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
From my school we seem to have reached a peak last year and now decreasing from here on in looking at this years yr 11s and 12s

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Why are yr 12s keep on getting on this site when they should be studying? Now that's failing!

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
its almost impossible to tell if this year is a good year. it all depends solely on everyones performances on the day (in the hsc exams). It is also pretty hard for the markers to compare fairly the diffivulty of noe years paper to the other anyway. At my school last year seemed like total dumbasses and they ended up having the best overall results weve seenm at our school for a while. no 100.00 but lots of 99+ and 98+ though. it really depends on how hard everyone works till the exams. I dont think one year could be significantly dumber than another when comparing the whole state cohort. maybe at a school though.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Tuna said:
Why are yr 12s keep on getting on this site when they should be studying? Now that's failing!
A day consists of 24 hours, taking away 8 hours of sleep, 2 hours for meal, it leaves 14 hours of free time. Taking away about 8 hours of study (if that) leaves 6 hours to do whatever we want, including going on here

Tuna

HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
A day consists of 24 hours, taking away 8 hours of sleep, 2 hours for meal, it leaves 14 hours of free time. Taking away about 8 hours of study (if that) leaves 6 hours to do whatever we want, including going on here
Well, your opinion...you should follow it. I hope you'll get 99+

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Thats my study plans, ive been following it all year and ill continue to

HSC
N/A
Everyone's getting smarter and more competitive, so in general, I think most of us are screwed :'(

3 years ago I'd be guarenteed a UAI of at least 90. But now, I'm crossing my fingers and hanging onto an 80 by the skin of my teeth.

I don't think we're any more dumber... just that more people are smarter and the smart people are really really really smart.

HSC
It's not so much that we're getting smarter, but that more knowledge has arisen about how to get high marks. My 2 sisters who did the HSC 7 and 9 years ago completely ignored the syllabus and just studied their notes from class, and managed 96.5 and 97.4. Nowadays people know exactly what the exam paper can ask and can therefore prepare answers. And the narrowing of the english syllabus has also contributed to this.

Also, competition for Uni places has risen because of the (bastard) full fee paying students.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Silver Persian said:
It's not so much that we're getting smarter, but that more knowledge has arisen about how to get high marks. My 2 sisters who did the HSC 7 and 9 years ago completely ignored the syllabus and just studied their notes from class, and managed 96.5 and 97.4. Nowadays people know exactly what the exam paper can ask and can therefore prepare answers. And the narrowing of the english syllabus has also contributed to this.

Also, competition for Uni places has risen because of the (bastard) full fee paying students.
Or it could be that more people want to go to uni.

But the knowledge of how to gain marks has risen a fair bit over the previous years. 2001 were basically flying blind, like we are with journeys albeit not nearly as much. '05 will probably test better then us but that doesn't mean they are smarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)