• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you think? (1 Viewer)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Skeeta said:
may i ask wher you shop then? i mean i'm a size 6-8 and i have enough trouble

is there like a secret tiny-person shop i'm not aware of?
Yeh i know the pain, i usually stay away from many shops
I buy most my clothes in miss shop, it fits me okay but its a hit and miss with alot of clothes tho
i also find my clothes at bardot, blockout and Kookai. Dotti, Glassons, valley girls for tops but the bottoms are big :S.

HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
a) Cuts of clothes should be better. I've bought so many tops, just to go home an have mum run the seams in.

b) more "classics" to be available. I searched for weeks to find a classic fitted collared shirt for work (i thought it would be easy) but noooo....

c) BRA's oh this is my biggest pain in the arse ever. Bra's should be made in a size 6 and 8. Bra sizes should be available from AA-ZZ and every size inbetween. I have such problems trying to find perfectly fitting bra's. I'm a 8dd which is never ever made, so i have to settle for 10d or 12c which makes me cry because they dont fit good. Oh so many times i've walked out of myer/bra's n things crying :(

/rant
Just wanted to say I totally agree with your last point.

I'm a C (pretty easy to get) but apparently that's the average-ish size these days... I have many friends that are a D! At the very least I think they should increase the "easily-avaliable" sizes to include DD and E.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
What the hell is with jeans always being too long. I'm not short but I have NEVER ( i mean never ever ever) managed to find a pair of jeans or pants that don't need to be hemmed. Esp if they're bootcuts, they end up being straight legs when I hem them up. :mad: :mad: We aren't all Giselle Bundchens!
I have that problem too, but I just wrote it off as me being a shortarse. I guess, if I were tall, I would hate to buy jeans that are too short.

My wishes:
more realistic sizing
cheap clothing that looks good
holes in clothes are not cool
cute bra's should be available in bigger cup sizes
they should invent bra's that the underwire doesn't come out of to poke my boob :(

Lundy

Banned
HSC
And another thing: please please please stock MORE in larger sizes. Fer craps sake, I'm so SICK of finding a piece of clothing that's absolutely awesome/wonderful/gorgeous but they're out of my size and only have little 6s and 8s left. It happens so often now that when I DO find something left in my size it feels like nothing short of a miracle.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
My wishes:
more realistic sizing
cheap clothing that looks good
i'm SO with you on those 2, espically the second point.
i have literally tonnes of clothes that i buy that i cant wear again because i know that either once i left the store they looked crap on me, or they're just totally out of fashion (almost late 90s stuff like 1 shoulder tops & stuff mum got me years back). i really want to throw them out and get new clothes but i CAN'T STAND the 'new' fashion nowdays (i'm also really quite poor)!!

and also, the people who work in clothes shops, i really wish they'd actually tell you the truth when you go in there by yourself and have no idea if it actually suits you or not! and if you chose something that didnt suit you, they'd at least come up with something that might have a chance at suiting you (or suggest somewhere that could).

Undertoad

HSC
I find it so hard to find size 6's in clothes that i like. Most of the time I see size 8's and even XS's arent that small. I guess they cater for the majority of people but quite a few people need a size 6 these days.
On the other hand, why don't more bra manufacturers make sizes bigger than a C? It is so stupid and really limits the choice for larger girls.
And one more thing, brands like Billabong should sell more bikini's as separates. Normally you can only get the more plain designs and so many people have different sized tops and bottoms. They should just sell them all separately and the people who are the same size can buy the same size still!

payafee

HSC
Skeeta said:
may i ask wher you shop then? i mean i'm a size 6-8 and i have enough trouble

is there like a secret tiny-person shop i'm not aware of?
shop in the kids section of department stores.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
salsydney said:
i agree with the lack of classics... i want to buy a classic white shirt, and the ultimate black work trousers... to no avail. I remember last year looking ALL over the place for a standard white shirt, ended up finding it in target? how odd. imagine my tears when the shirt was placed in bleach for too long, and it started coming apart... yet to find another classic...
go target again. I got a plain white shirt from there yesterday. and work pants.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Lainee said:
I hate the 'unfinished' sorta scrappy look to clothes that seems to be the identifying trend since the late 90s. Fraying, ripped hems, holes, fading, baggy-ness, slouchy etc. Fashion students in 2080 are going to look back and identify the 00s as the era of untidiness. Cut that shaggy hair damnit, hem those jeans, buy clothes that fit instead of being over or undersized, wear a bra girls, stop underwear peaking out of clothes and wash clothes at least once in a while! :lol: :p
AGREED! I wouldn't touch torn frayed jeans or pants but sometimes a top is very cute and would be perfect if the edges aren't all frayed and have that "rough cut" look . Bah :(

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Jeans are never ever ever the right length on me. It's such a pain in the arse to hem them up that I've taken to just fold them a little bit up, which looks horrible. I hate having to have gorgeous jeans ruined.

I hate dresses. Full stop. Lately they all have little itty bitty strips of cloth that people have told me are to cover your boobs. Yeah, if you're a size AAAA maybe. They never cater for girls with a D+ cup and it pisses me off. Not to mention how fricking impossible it is to find a nice strapless bra as a 10DD. Don't even get me started on bras!

Always

HSC
Chainstores are becoming so ridiculous these days. Firstly, they unashamedly copy and exploit every designer piece and trend they can. I'm okay with that, because I know the prices in chainstores are probably more accessible, but really, if they're going to copy they might as well do it well. The fabrics they use are getting cheaper, tackier, coarser, and less flattering every season while prices are increasing. Don't even get me started on the cut and the finish.

So not only are they stealing someone else's idea, they are mass producing it in a way that costs them next to nothing. Worst of all, girls are drinking it up.

Now my most coveted and loved designer pieces are made to look like ordinary tween trash, and that seriously pisses me off.

Lainee

HSC
Reading this thread makes me want to become a fashion designer and fix all your fashion woes. :) Really, most of the problems above can be fixed quite simply by having a greater RANGE of things. Short girls find things long and tall girls find things short (e.g. long torso'ed girls dig the longer tops that short girls find reach their knees :lol: ), big girls find things too small and small girls end up wearing kid's clothes, and people are just fed up about styles in general.

I propose sizes ranging from a 4 to an 18 in all normal sized clothing stores, having length options on trousers + jeans (x-tall, tall, med, short, x-short) and for the love of christ, cheaper alternatives to designer that don't fall apart on the 2nd wear/discolour in the wash/stretch/shrink to unreasonable proportions!

/rant

Skeeta

HSC
yeah those bras are hawt (or am i thinking of the brazillian ones)! either way i totally raided kmart the last time they had a sale and bought a heap of them.. Only problem is, the lace doesnt look bery nice under a fitted top, you've gotta be careful what you wear them under because otherwise you look like you have wrinkly boobs (which isnt fun)

these "boobylicious" bra's.. do they have plain t-shirt bra's ?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Malfoy said:
Welcome to the club. I'm the same size as you and it's next to impossible to find bras. Can I recommend the Kayser 'Boobilicious' range from K-mart? Their bras are really cute, last for ages and cost between $15 and $25. They go all the way up to an E cup, though I'm not sure if they've got strapless ones in (I REALLY need a new strapless, mine is a C and it's absolutely TINY on me)
Really? I never even considered K-Mart for a good bra (seeing as so called "good bras wear out so easily anyway). I'll check them out next time.

I usually stick with Berlei/Playtex bras. They're just so...Grandma. I feel like I'm 80.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Malfoy said:
And even when they have the 12s - or, Heaven forbid, 14s - they're tiny. I can walk into Target and Valleygirl (more realistic sizing) and I'm a 10, whereas I go to Ice and I'm a 14 (sometimes, in their 'skinny' sizings, that's even too small), or I go to Supre and their XL doesn't fit me on the bottom.

that summss up how i feel

oh and the bras love k mart and target last week i got two hawt bras [ 12DD] for only 15 each and they fit so welll
happy snapps for target and k mart

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
this sounds nit-picky but i am pissed off with bras that at first look nice and fit well and you buy them, only to find out that they poke your hooters out at slightly unflattering angles.

i also hate finding a simple, beautiful skirt in myer and trying it on, only to discover after i have fallen head over heels in love with it that it costs upwards of $500!!!!! i mean, fuck, its a plain black skirt!

on the other side of the spectrum, i found a gorgeous pair of slouchy, stacked-heel boots. i tried them on, liked them, looked at the price tag and fell over. they were $49.95 because they were made of PLEATHER!!!!!!!! aghhh! i would have gladly paid three times that amount for quality! but i bet i could have counted the days on my hand before they would begin to fall apart.

what is wrong with designing and producing quality, stylish clothes and accessories for a MODEST profit. people are simply too goddam greedy...

also, there is no sexy lingerie in anything resembling a natural fibre. its all essentially plastic and i hate it.

Wilsmore

HSC
I cant stand the ripped jeans...if I wanted the ripped jeans look then i could do it myself...and whats more is that these jeans with bits missing...cost more then normal jeans...wtf

But on the other hand, i like the rustic and faded jeans look.

Also, what is the go with all these ripped and patched shirt favs??? Its just like the ripped jeans<shakes head>...The designers need to get back to the basics and use celtic, japanese, chinese symbols as the basis for a shirt print.

The pants sizes in the shops are a killer, one minute your a 82cm the next your a damn 87cm...the brands need to get their act together and use the same scale!!!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
at least you guys have cm sizes. with us, you can be a small in one brand and a large or extra large in another without doing anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)