What do you think? (1 Viewer)

OzzyPrincess

HSC
Ok.. people are telling me not to do my PIP on the "abortion pill" so i was considering doing it on "Teens and Alcohol". I know this is very common but I really think I can dig up alot of info on it... Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
As a slightly more creative (imo) investigation: why don't you look at the 'tween' phenomenon and how advertising has affected pre-adolescent sexuality etc, if at all.

It's probably something that will be of some interest to you and will make you look like an informed person from the outset by picking such a contemporary serious issue instead of just one of the buzz issues, i.e. 'Religion & Abortion' 'Teens and sex' 'Teens and alcohol' 'Teen Bullying' or whatever.

Other suggestions:

The effect of public relations on effective democracy.
Does australia have a true democracy? (i.e. do we have freedom of speech etc?)
Does the post-code you're born into determine your future in australia?

Last edited:

yosemite sam

HSC
any fool can do a pip on abortions and shit like that...its run of the mill stuff that markers get sick of reading. simple topics generally work best from waht ive heard, the tween ideas is really good and would be interesting, but id be worried that there might be too much stuff and it would get out of hand (and youd just end up hating the world) so id try to make the topic really specific. what i was going to do my pip on (before i dropped society) was whether the concept of a healthy canteen had been accepted by students and what they thought of it and stuff...simple yet effective. well thats what my teacher said.

clarkekent

HSC
N/A
Sorry another idea. A hair dresser I spoke to today said she did one on Obesity. She went to primary schools with permission of course and checked students lunches. Finding things like 2 cans of coke chips etc. A common threat amounst them was that the parents took them to MAC Donalds for a reward.

Kulazzi

HSC
Only if you can make it "unique" in a way which distinguishes your PIP from the rest however it is very common. NTB has made some good points and if not done in a distinguished way then it may look like that you have done your PIP in the last minute.

I also like NTB's idea about tweens and the advertising effects on pre-pubescent teens but then again I would say this is common but probably not as common as your original idea.

And scrap the obesity idea. Sorry to be clear-cut about it, but really that's another common PIP topic.

As yosemite sam said, choose a more specific topic. Whatever that is is up to you but stay clear of obesity, alcoholism, drugs, fashion. Maybe you can do a PIP topic on beauty and how 'beautiful' you are to be in order to be famous. For example, you can look at face proportions, body shape and go more in-depth with regards to hip-to-waist ratio. Also, time can be a great factor, you can compare to how beauty was in the mid-20th century compared to now. Compare say, Audrey Hepburn, to Angelina Jolie.

The above is not too good but it's just an example to demonstrate how specific you must be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)