What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

which uni?

• Total voters

Le3sah

HSC
Re: wat u guys plannin 2 do afta hsc

sle3pe3bumz said:
Hm, whats UNSW's UAI cutoff anyway? What would the good facilities mean to me? Ah ..
My brother does Engineering at UNSW and I think the cutoff mark now is around 85ish? :)

As for me, I want to study education at USYD, become a teacher, and go to school for the rest of my life!

UAI aim 90+

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

Jachie said:
You mean at USYD? I used to be adamant about getting into that course -- until I found out it was totally shit. Then I was like "lol but it's sydney uni, it can't be that shit!" but it is. You're better of doing Journalism/any other Communications degree at UTS I think.
Ah really? Yeah that was the one. Also Melbourne Uni. I'm actually looking mainly at Melbourne atm and my preferences go Architecture -> Engineering -> Media & Comm so hopefully I don't have to worry about working that all out.

Good luck sorting out what you want to go for though, took me ages to figure it out and I still won't really know until I start the course I reckon.

ChampPunk

HSC

I don't know exactly what i want to do but something involved with English, Computers or PD/H/PE being very vague.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC

Le3sah said:
My brother does Engineering at UNSW and I think the cutoff mark now is around 85ish? :)

As for me, I want to study education at USYD, become a teacher, and go to school for the rest of my life!

UAI aim 90+
Oh okay. Thanks for that.

But I would NEVER want to be a teacher. I mean primary maybe .. but secondary? NEVER. Especially when I go to a school like mine. I mean kids are cool. It'd still be a cool job though if you didn't have those REALLY bad ones. Being paid to teach the same thing every year? HELL YEAH !

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

Kujah said:
Either Pharmacy or Veterinary Science at the moment.
mwahah , a future pharmacist aye ? :D

Zephyrio

HSC

Jachie said:
Yeah I know what you mean. I tell people I want to do a Media Production/Law degree at UTS because it sounds a lot better than "LOL I'm going to uni to learn how to use a camera!" but I myself know that's virtually impossible since the UAI is like 98.something and I'll be extremely lucky to get over 90 :eek:

EDIT: whoops I replaced lucky with 'likely' which completely fucked up what I meant in that sentence
Whatever.

You'll so get over 98 laughing, it's not even funny. LOL.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Zephyrio said:
Whatever.

You'll so get over 98 laughing, it's not even funny. LOL.
Mrrrr, the sad thing is I probably have the potential to get something like 98. I just can't be fucked putting effort into school, my teachers always remind me that it's the hard working students who get decent UAIs, not necessarily the smart ones :(

But I'm trying to turn over a new leaf this year so there's hope for me yet.

Last edited:
HSC

After the HSC it will be a massive party. Then I'll probably work for a while then go over to England to play cricket.

Not sure what UAI i want to get. I want to do Vet Science at CSU tho or Agribusiness. (I'm lacking motivation atm though and need help!)

leoyh

mic`
HSC

i'm aiming for 95-97 but i think im struggle to get that so at least 90+ and ill be slightly happy. over the moon with anything in the 95-97 range or above LOL

why i want 95 at least is cause the cut off for BCommerce at UNSW is around that. if i dont get the uai, i guess ill just have to do it at another uni. though i really wanna get into UNSW cause its really renowned for it and UNSW seems nice.

if not, UTS with around 90

Black Hawker

HSC

I want to do biomedical engineering, but is considering other fields of engineering.

After I get enough money, I want to start a biomedical company and list it on the ASX.

2008rosse

HSC

G'day,
UAI aim: more than or equal to 98.5.
Aims for after the HSC:
1. Get my life back.
2. Study law at ANU or UNSW. So unoriginal, but I actually want to.
I hope it all works out for you all!
Peace.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

I hopr (very uncertain as to whetehr i can actually atain it) for UAI of 95 to study aeronautical engineering, othewise perhaps a differernt branch of engineering.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

im going to college in the states :)
hopefully on an athletics scholorhip to study

1.business or
2.Economics

there my only choices with interest atm, and business is way ahead of economics.

Last edited:

OiNK!

Superior Member
HSC

1. UsydMP
2. MBBS
3. BMed

Foxodi

HSC

1. Get UAI of 95 - gloat @ all those who underestimated me (soo many... HSC will be a good year of gloating to those fags imo :))
2. Get back my life (omg what are people)
3. B Commerce @ UNSW (Double Major in Management and Finance)
4. Begin Business/s (be getting one up this xmas)
5. Graduation: Depending on success of my current business's, either continue with them or look for a management (possibly accountant/finance type) position.

Manda.found

HSC

Gonna finnish my hsc
go to Macleay College (i no it spelt wrong)
and start my life in the big world lol

gloworm14

HSC
N/A

Finish HSC
Party & relax with friends
Get into a uni either UTS to do a Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication or UNSW to do a Bachelor of Design
Happy with anything over 92+

princesscal

Banned
HSC

So many people I know are doing gap years, and a few that are have invited me to go to Canada with them to snowboard for a few months. I so want to go, but I want to start uni and get it over with... snowboarding is fucking awesome argh so tempting.

Advantages/Disadvantages of doing a gap year people?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)