what does boulavade la resistance mean? (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i know resistance in Piere Resistance is like saving the best till the last.... and boulavade.. it's like a street.. but i dunno wot the phrase means... and when/where can u use it?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
i know resistance in Piere Resistance is like saving the best till the last.... and boulavade.. it's like a street.. but i dunno wot the phrase means... and when/where can u use it?
it can just be a street name. where exactly did you find it Truly??

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
i heard it on abc radio this monring.. that cycling race.. and this guy won the rce.. and the commentator said ... *WOW!! wot a boulavade la resistance*.... hahaha
LOL sorry, not so sure what that means then. Maybe Chepas or Pers can help you out.

But grammatically, it doesn't look like it makes any sense, apart from being a street.

chepas

HSC
Unless it was 'boulevard de la résistance' it would be gr. correct... literally "boulevard of resistance" - draw on whatever connotation "resistance" may mean relating to cycling :confused:. I am assuming the Tour de France? Maybe he was just trying to sound très cool and über chic. Some meaningless stretch of French words... I tried altavista with the thing plus "tour de france" and seemed to have no correlation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)