What does it feel like to finish the HSC? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It feels better finishing English Paper 2 than your final exam. The feeling of never having to memorise a stupid quote again is priceless. Reflecting back to that moment still makes me hard to this very day.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
It feels better finishing English Paper 2 than your final exam. The feeling of never having to memorise a stupid quote again is priceless. Reflecting back to that moment still makes me hard to this very day.
Very true (except maybe for the last bit). I felt like the HSC was over the moment I finished the second english advanced paper. Everything else was chill after that, the other exams were pretty stress-free and by the last few I already felt like it was over.

Focus is Key

HSC
I know I'm gonna cry at my graduation, I can get pretty emotional about those sorts of things :O'

But yeah finishing English will be the best feeling, no more stupid belonging creatives and memorising!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Boring, yet you've achieved a milestone in your life.

Try getting a job over the break, assuming that you're going to university after year 12, 4 months is quite a long break...

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
Very true (except maybe for the last bit). I felt like the HSC was over the moment I finished the second english advanced paper. Everything else was chill after that, the other exams were pretty stress-free and by the last few I already felt like it was over.
exactly how i felt after that paper 2. other exams were a breeze.

finishing the HSC for me was a combination of sadness at not having school anymore and seeing those people who weren't my close friends and would probably not see any more. the holiday was awesome for me personally, wasn't bored at all. waiting for final results wasn't too bad - it came very fast.
all in all finishing the HSC is great for the relief after working so hard, but it sucks in that if you like school you'll miss it a lot

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Any of you guys still visit your schools? or in contact with any teachers?

Haha, seems tough to leave, school seems not too bad as I woulda thought in younger years. Long holidays, chill classrooms, meet friends everyday etc.
I had a tutoring job at my old school last year (teacher who used to organise it transferred) and would go in every week straight after school finished. It's weird, was only a year but there were so many people around that I just did not recognise. School is also odd without having your friends and cohort around.

Currybear

HSC
exactly how i felt after that paper 2. other exams were a breeze.

finishing the HSC for me was a combination of sadness at not having school anymore and seeing those people who weren't my close friends and would probably not see any more. the holiday was awesome for me personally, wasn't bored at all. waiting for final results wasn't too bad - it came very fast.
all in all finishing the HSC is great for the relief after working so hard, but it sucks in that if you like school you'll miss it a lot
:( that's going to get me

out of curiosity, if you were given the chance to redo school would you?

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
When i finished that final test, I felt great, Everybody in the room just had smiles on their face since it was their last exam as well and i was thinking about how much i was going to do over the holz haha but after around three weeks of sleeping/playing games/doing what I liked, I sort of realised how good high school was if you take away the studying, I miss all those friends who I would see at school every day, yet im not really close too, but yeah fucking great feeling originally

enoilgam

HSC
When i finished that final test, I felt great, Everybody in the room just had smiles on their face since it was their last exam as well and i was thinking about how much i was going to do over the holz haha but after around three weeks of sleeping/playing games/doing what I liked, I sort of realised how good high school was if you take away the studying, I miss all those friends who I would see at school every day, yet im not really close too, but yeah fucking great feeling originally
Truth right there (although I was close to my HS friends).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Truth... I miss hanging out with friends in class and on the playground lok

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Truth right there (although I was close to my HS friends).
If you continue reading after the comma haha, I was saying that I miss all those acquaintances that i wasnt really close to, of course im still seeing my close high school friends

jenslekman

HSC
oh the moment after my final exam was pretty much nostalgic mixed with freedom, happiness and a feeling of accomplishment. i missed the school. and you'll be busy with doing all the stuff taht you couldnt do during the hsc in the holidays - and by the end of the holidays youll be at your most unstressed state that you've experienced since being 3 y/o. then uni starts, and you will feel more stressed than ever all of the sudden.

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
isnt uni chilled
I find uni quite fun, time to spend with mates and such, aswell as do work. Plus uni campus's [depending where u go] are pretty stunning, so its fun to just relax and enjoy the scenery too.

Your degree may have more work then others it depends on what you pick, but go for something you like otherwise you'll hate uni XD

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Honestly finishing the HSC never really hit me. After my last exam (chemistry), I was happy but not ecstatic or anything - I was really tired and got mcdonalds with my friends and watched movies all night. Obviously varies from person to person. But I will tell you that the time after the HSC is so good - you don't have a worry in the world. However, in weeks leading up to results, I was shit scared. I vividly remember being on holidays with family in Hawaii and having tremendous anxiety before the results - so that isn't something to look forward to LOL I'm very cynical. I know this is weird but I think the best part of after the HSC was getting my results because I was so relieved and happy - that feeling was so much better than finishing it - so look forward to the moment you get your results, no matter what they are - because in that moment you know it is really gone and it's a thing of the past.

So good luck - the HSC is a massive crap but it WILL be over eventually and the other side is amazing - University is another thing all together (can be stressful and was annoying for me personally because I hated not seeing my school friends everyday); but it's amazing if you're doing what you love!

Currybear

HSC
So I take it that life gets better after the HSC?

and does it really feel like ending a chapter of your life... what ever that means

jenslekman

HSC
m8.

Honestly finishing the HSC never really hit me. After my last exam (chemistry), I was happy but not ecstatic or anything - I was really tired and got mcdonalds with my friends and watched movies all night. Obviously varies from person to person. But I will tell you that the time after the HSC is so good - you don't have a worry in the world. However, in weeks leading up to results, I was shit scared. I vividly remember being on holidays with family in Hawaii and having tremendous anxiety before the results - so that isn't something to look forward to LOL I'm very cynical. I know this is weird but I think the best part of after the HSC was getting my results because I was so relieved and happy - that feeling was so much better than finishing it - so look forward to the moment you get your results, no matter what they are - because in that moment you know it is really gone and it's a thing of the past.

So good luck - the HSC is a massive crap but it WILL be over eventually and the other side is amazing - University is another thing all together (can be stressful and was annoying for me personally because I hated not seeing my school friends everyday); but it's amazing if you're doing what you love!
pretty much this :p

So I take it that life gets better after the HSC?

and does it really feel like ending a chapter of your life... what ever that means
it does feel like ending a chapter of your life, but at the same time, another journey begins and its probably "funner" cos theres more freedom - but that also depends on what you choose to do at uni.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
it does feel like ending a chapter of your life, but at the same time, another journey begins and its probably "funner" cos theres more freedom - but that also depends on what you choose to do at uni.
HA GHEEEYYYYY

nah thats legit, what it feels like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)