What does it take to get a high band 6? (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
I know it might be different for each module, but would someone be able to tell me some general aspects that differentiate a high band 5 or low band 6 essay from a work that gets full marks? My last English Advanced task is a hand-in essay. Throughout the year I have gotten a few low band 6's (17 or 18 out of 20) but I really want to get above that, just this once.

ResourcesHSC

HSC
Remember that the difference between a 95 and a 97 can't be quantified; it's significant.

Markers are subjected to thousands of papers, and as the marking continues, a common pattern will emerge. Every student will be making the same point, often with almost identical textual evidence. The only real difference will be the analysis which is worded differently.

To attain a high band 6, you have to differentiate yourself and defy the norm. I found that having my own analysis of the text, which better underscores the rubric is central to having a unique and sophisticated response. You must also have nuance. By making a point with highly sophisticated language (not to the point of verbosity), you can appear smarter than you are. Higher marks are awarded on this basis.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
^ flair
outstanding control of language + impressive insight into the text in relation to the specific question

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It takes:

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Lina3

HSC
OMG! I took the advice posted here and turned the sophistication up a notch. Today I got it back and.. BAM! 20/20 :D Thank you guys ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)