what does 'nc' mean? (1 Viewer)

eldawgz

HSC
this is gonna sound stupid and i've asked many of my friends, but in UAC ATAR cut-offs some courses are 'nc' which evidently means 'new course.' my question is, is that is it a guranteed spot in the course or do you have to have a specific ATAR or have done a subject that is required in the course?

K

khorne

The cut offs are just indictors...each years cut off is the lowest ATAR that got you a place in it. So they will accept however many spots they have, then the cut off will be the lowest atar that got you in.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
The ATAR cutoffs you see in the guide for all existing courses are last year's cutoffs, and obviously they change every year. The admissions process for new courses is exactly the same - they just don't have any data from last year that they can publish as an indicative cutoff.

Some (most? all?) unis have a university-wide general minimum cutoff that is a minimum requirement for admission to anything, so the cutoff will be at least that. Other than that, you're just going to have to wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)