What does, "we'll call you back" mean? (1 Viewer)

kimjuliana

HSC
So I applied for a job at McDonald's and I got an interview. The interview seemed okay, well at least in my mind. The interviewer asked my some questions and I answered them okay, she even asked my size, for some reason. However in the end, she said" We'll call you back on either Tuesday or next Tuesday to confirm your job." According to my parents and friends (who have worked there), if an Maccas interviewer says this, it means you didn't get the job. :( Is this true? Also, if they don't call back by next Tuesday, should I ring them up just to check? Also, is it true, the Maccas doesn't hire anyone older than 15-16 (I'm 17, gradated High School)?
NB: the interview was yesterday

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would have thought we'll call you back would mean "we'll interview more people, rank them and let you know if you've made the cut or not"
I haven't worked at maccas so I'm not sure, but i've been told "we'll get back to you" before and ended up getting the job.

And my friend is 19 and got hired at maccas 2 months ago. You'll be fine

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
It means that they will call you back with their decision. Whats the fuzz? :D

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I think you've probably got the job, they'll just see who has accepted/denied their offers.

watapple

HSC
I'm 19 and got the job 4 weeks ago on the spot after my interview because of my experience in a restaurant
I'm not getting many shifts + hours as I'm too expensive

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
They just PREFER to hire 15-16 year olds, but they can't really get any during school hours cause well..there at school, so there's still plenty of postions. Especially for a 17 year old who can work those hours, because simply put, that's the earliest age they usually find someone to work those hours.

I have to say, alot of the time Mcdonald's likes to give people jobs on the spot,but more strict managers at different stores like to interview different people too,so either they gave the job to someone else before and you didn't get it, or they have others to interview still and they will simply get back to you. If by tomorrow you didn't get a call, it might be time to look for another store. You can apply for up to 10 different stores if i remember, Don't give up! Some Mcdonald's just look for specific people to fill their crew roster. I hope your availability was almost 7 days a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)