• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What does your class do? (1 Viewer)

m4ngr0v3

HSC
I have such a bad teacher, this is what my class does:
  • Browses Whirlpool Forums
  • Types up study notes from other classes
  • Play GTA3
  • Play Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Plays Duke Nukem
  • Messes with Windows 7 Beta (on school computers :p)

That's basically it. Our "learning" involves random end-of-chapter multiple choice tests.

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
this sounds a lot like what we did in highschool too!

SDD was incredibly boring. I used an excel book to study for my exam and got an 89. I think I only took SDD seriously in the last semester. Uni is more practical.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah we didn't do a whole lot in sdd either, but i used to always look forward to our sdd lessons just to chill out

agreed - buy the excel SDD book (which is excellent) and you'll be fine. it's pretty much the only resource i used and i managed to get a band 6, so don't stress.

sounds like your classes are heaps of fun anyway :)

scottath

HSC
How did you get the beta on the school computers?

I'm running the beta on my laptop and love it.....

Also - any good proxies.....most forums are blaocked here :(

HSC
that's exactly what we did in yr 11 coz the teacher was shit but in yr12 we got a new teacher so it's alrite but it's the ppl in my class that dont do their work i only do it at home instead at skool :mad1:

Fakeman

HSC
*Sigh* I wonder what the benefits of SDD are, does anyone know?

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
We're doing Javascript and he actually gets people do it cause we need to kick 8 people out of our class so if people want to stay, they have to do work.

Usually though, I end up doing all the stuff (did it in Year 9) and then playing Pokemon on VBA. Other people go onto Google Video and onto the WoW armoury. Some people go onto forums, I download stuff off downloads.com and other sites. We used to play Unral Tournament last year but it's kinda stopped now that they have put quotas on the space we can use on the server - I had mine removed though :)

ibrian

HSC
we attach our mouse to other people's machines so we can move their cursor around. its always funny when they try to blow the dust out of their mouse and try wriggling it around the table thinking theres something wrong with their mouse haha

classof2009

HSC
N/A
we do nothing, try and self learn and play css..
our teacher doesnt know how to teach, it took him 5 goes to tell us what binary was, even tho in the first lesson we told him " we get it You N00b you just add it up as u go along."

im dissapointed in my school for employing him..

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Haha I have the same teacher for SDD and IPT and she's awesome as a person, but as a teacher, she sometimes puts me to sleep :/
All she does is read the the text book in a monotone voice
But she's still pretty cool cause she lets us get away with stuff

Like a kid in my class made software on VB that opens and closes the disk drive 100 times. He named it "super fun happy game" and put it in the shared folder :p
all she said was "stop that, you're ruining the mechanism of the computer" lol :D

ah...SDD is awesome. :)

1337c4mp3r

HSC
Wow looks like there are alot of similar stories with SDD...

I chose SDD thinking that because i found the year 9/10 IST course so easy, and thought that this would be a good challenge. i thought wrong and regret it :spzz:

Our teacher CANNOT control the class, so we end up reading fail blog, start using ubuntu on the macs, abusing the macs physically, finding year 7 projects on the teacher computer called "Pen Island" and alot more.

Whats worse is this new DET proxy... cant even view EDUCATIONAL SITES!

Im thinking of dropping SDD when i reach year 12 in term 4. ideas? does SDD get any better in year 12?

Drewx

HSC
Im thinking of dropping SDD when i reach year 12 in term 4. ideas? does SDD get any better in year 12?
Mate it only gets worse well for me it did. I think it would have been good but lazy shits in my class managed to convinced the teacher and half the class into making our major project a group task. BIG MISSTAKE I fought and fought but in the end I failed and the class went to the shits. Now I don't think we can finish it and two lazy shits sit on their ass all day doing nothing its fun to be me.

HSC
Mate it only gets worse well for me it did. I think it would have been good but lazy shits in my class managed to convinced the teacher and half the class into making our major project a group task. BIG MISSTAKE I fought and fought but in the end I failed and the class went to the shits. Now I don't think we can finish it and two lazy shits sit on their ass all day doing nothing its fun to be me.
same with us aswell and yeh it was actually a really big mistake for me aswell for picking the subject. Oh well what can you do now?

1337c4mp3r

HSC
Good. I've been studying maths during SDD lessons, and we had a test today and tomorrow. Dont know anything.

I think im set to drop it for year 12 to pick up either 4U maths or music ext. Most likely music ext since im not great at maths, hence the studying in SDD.

nickmh

HSC
I do it via correspondance. All the work I do I have to submit online and everything i do gets graded. Its very time consuming and I hate it. The Teacher marks HSC papers on the subject however he is quite arrogant. Dont tend to hear much from him except feedback on the work we submit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)