what dose law courses include? (1 Viewer)

samuel slack

HSC
Well i'd have to get a part-time job. So I guess i'm in for some freakin hard work. Meh. So what happens after the first three years?? Easier? Or more work and less contact time?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Depends, again. If you decide to do the Professional Program (Option B - which allows you to practice as soon as you graduate), you're in for 50 units a semester and 180 hours per year of clinical placement. If you decide against the Professional Program (Option A - which requires you to complete 6 months at the College of Law if you want to practice), you could be looking at only having Uni for 3 days a week.

Contact hours aren't so strenuous, at the moment I've got 18 contact hours with only 7 of them compulsory (I'm doing the Professional Program, so you'd be looking at less hours if you chose Option A). It is a lot of reading, but a lot of people can (and do) get by without doing any at all.

samuel slack

HSC
I'm quite happy doing alot of reading... doesn't worry me at all. Well not yet that is.

bubblybrooke3

HSC
honky tonk said:
Definitely go for Business and then transfer, if you can. Getting reasonably good marks (credit average, perhaps) should allow you to transfer.

The moots can be fun, but yeah.. the 24 hour exams can leave you feeling a little dead inside.
I'm also thinking of doing business/law. What are 'moots' and 24 hour exams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)