What ep of Buffy/Angel made you cry? (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Krangelus said:
Angel surpasses Buffy as a TV show in my honest opinion, the best moments were :

1. When Angel tries to smother wesley with the pillow in Forgiving, after making sure that wes knows its not angelus, its Angel whose doing this. "you took my son, i'l never forgive you, never, your a dead man price!" that is awesome.
yes and yes. although i didnt cry, that was one of the best moments on tv ever

Fry

Krangelus said:
Angel surpasses Buffy as a TV show in my honest opinion
Buffy will always be better in my books, but Angel comes a close second. i was never really into Angel until the fifth season because Buffy ended and i had to find another show to focus all my energies on. the show really didn't appeal to me before because it was more serious and darker than Buffy and appealed to older viewers. but now i absolutely love Angel, it has grown on me and im going to have so much fun watching all the first four seasons fully when i buy the dvds. ive only seen a few episodes here and there.

The Gift were she saves Dawn at the end was also probably one of the best episodes, and where the show should have stopped! The bad blood between Levin and ME/Joss started when Buffy moved to UPN... which resulted in Angels cancellation and when you look at the last 2 seasons of buffy they are good, but you cant compare them to any season of Angel. :mad:
i don't think Buffy's move to UPN had anything to do with Angel's cancellation.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i don't think Buffy's move to UPN had anything to do with Angel's cancellation.
At the end of Season 5 of Buffy the production costs were quite high to keep going. WB wasnt offering enough money for ME, and UPN was offering more. So Buffy moved to UPN (along with Roswell). This caused bad blood between Levin & ME. A show that had been one of the defining points of their network very publicly moving to a crapper network. You can imagine that they would be outraged. So they took it out on Angel. When its contract expired at the end of season 4 it was on the bubble and very nearly cancelled. The ratings for season 4 had slumped, however Joss went to the WB and said look we will take the show in a new direction & bring in spike. (ala what we saw in season 5) With no shows to replace Angel they reluctantly renewed Angel but only giving it 11 episodes, then picked up for the full 22 after some of the other series that they had created bombed big time (Tarzan, Birds of Prey), and after a large ratings increase after it was combined with Smallville. (It was one of the only shows on the WB to post a gain in ratings this season). But with this season finished and the WB ordering a batch of new shows that could have replaced angel it is no surprise that Angel was cancelled out of petty revenge on the WB's part.

As a side note UPN lost a lot of money on buffy by the end of its run, and that is why they passed on picking up Angel for a season 6. :mad:

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Easily that season when angel goes evil. and at the end he has just get his soul back and she stabs him to close the portal thing....sooooooooooooooo sad because you can see it in his face that he has got a soul again

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Fry said:
Buffy will always be better in my books, but Angel comes a close second. i was never really into Angel until the fifth season because Buffy ended and i had to find another show to focus all my energies on. the show really didn't appeal to me before because it was more serious and darker than Buffy and appealed to older viewers. but now i absolutely love Angel, it has grown on me and im going to have so much fun watching all the first four seasons fully when i buy the dvds. ive only seen a few episodes here and there.

I was exactly the same, I watched the first season of Angel as it aired here, but after that I kind of drifted off, because it didn't interest me as much. In hindsight, now that I've caught up and seen every episode, I absolutely love it, and there are aspects of Angel that I think actually do outstrip Buffy.

r0wlzi

Banned
None they all sucked and I work at a videostore and the whole Buffy section is in comedy, which makes me laugh ironically. It should be in "Shit Titles that people rent out for some strange reason. Must have watched everythin else in the store".

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
charming :).

and yay, my thread got replies :D

i missed the finale of buffy >< will have to see it somehow...i watched the angel finale even tho i hadn't watched any eps since like second season and they were saying how everyone i.e cordelia, fred were dead and i'm just like :eek: when did all this happen?! silly me.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
r0wlzi said:
None they all sucked and I work at a videostore and the whole Buffy section is in comedy, which makes me laugh ironically. It should be in "Shit Titles that people rent out for some strange reason. Must have watched everythin else in the store".
what a mature assessment.

troika

HSC
N/A
i was bawling my eyes out in Becoming Pt 2, Chosen and when they shot to Buffy's tombstone in The Gift.

Nelg

HSC
The Gift thats the official name of the ep where buffy sacrefises herself to save dawn and thw world it was such a great ep i cryed and i dont cry that ep has won awards its so sad

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I never really cry at a picture box but episodes which were a little emotional were.

Crush

The Gift - dawn should of died the whiny brat.

the last episode ever, forgot it's name. only because it was the last one ever :)

Becoming part 2

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
most of mine have been mentioned (chosen, becoming, the gift, the body etc) - but ill add a few more just to show what a crybaby wuss i am!

seeing red - tara gets shot, just when she and willow are happy; dammit.
grave - xander saves the world with words. "ill still love you". yeah!!
earshot - the speech about everyone being lonely. so true.
selfless - anya being stabbed, and killing all thsoe people.

angel - cant think of any unmentioned ones off the top of my head
firefly - well, it's more serenity, but my lips are zipped just in case...

HSC
just saw the episode after fred dies - i'm so crushed she was my fave
she doesn't just die either she's destroyed
i mean the chick she turns into is cool and all, but poor fred! bloody joss figures he'd do that to my favorite!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
old school buffy was so much better.... before it went to 10:30 timeslot.

there were so many really good moments, but as I haven't watched in about 5 years, I can't exactly remember them....

but i was in love with David Boreanaz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)