What exactly is engineering? (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
^, more specifically, chemical engineering

This really seems like a stupid question, but I just want to know about the field

What type of work does it involve?
Does an engineer design objects etc. ?
Is a lot of physics involved in engineering courses in uni, even with chemical engineering?

I don't do physics right now. I know you can do bridging courses and learn the relevant stuff during your uni course, but I honestly know that I'll do badly at a course that has a large physics component to it. I think the subject is a little interesting, but I can't seem to do well in it (judging from y7-10. I also got turned off by the formula for the law of conservation of momentum)

WeaselPowa

HSC
You need to have a great knowledge of both Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics

Here is a link to know more about Chemical Engineering
http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/chemical-college/what-chemical-engineering

Physics really isn't that hard.. xP. Just understand the basics and practise a lot of questions

and

If you really want to do chemical engineering, physics kinda is necessary so if your having trouble, get a private tutor. It helps a lot!

Last edited:

Fawun

Queen
HSC
You can just google it instead of making a thread. I found this site from googling 'chemical enginnering'.

BL3H

HSC
Uni chemical engineering doesn't involve physics really. Just uni Chem (which is pretty much physics half the time (except harder))

nutting

HSC
^, more specifically, chemical engineering

This really seems like a stupid question, but I just want to know about the field

What type of work does it involve?
Does an engineer design objects etc. ?
Is a lot of physics involved in engineering courses in uni, even with chemical engineering?
In any field of engineering, an engineer 1) analyses a physical problem 2) identifies the constraints 3) identifies the resources availabe 4)designs a system or product that solves that problem

Have a look at Engineering courses at Australian universities for more specific examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)