What Ext 2 Topic Have You Done So Far ? (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
Hey guys as the title suggests, what topics have you done at school and externally i.e. tuition.

I was scared to death to hear people in my class talking about finishing of their last topic in the holidays ! Anyone else in the same boat. :mad1:

So far i have done complex, curve sketching, polynomials and started integration at school. I went ahead and taught myself conics in the summer holidays :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
nottellingu said:
Hey guys as the title suggests, what topics have you done at school and externally i.e. tuition.

I was scared to death to hear people in my class talking about finishing of their last topic in the holidays ! Anyone else in the same boat. :mad1:

So far i have done complex, curve sketching, polynomials and started integration at school. I went ahead and taught myself conics in the summer holidays :)
We've done complex numbers, curve sketching, polynomials and a quarter through integration. So basically like you.

My friends who do tuition have done the above + conics.

Last edited:

m&ss2008

HSC
we've done complex numbers, curve sketching, conics and polynomials.
we just did our exams (as you guys probably did too) so i was mainly focussing on revision and 3 unit work too.

integration is the next topic we'll do; but these holidays are devoted to my legal and business reports:read: and relaxing :rofl:

nottellingu

HSC
mle43 said:
you taught yourself conics? is it hard?
I taught myself cos it looked kindve fun and to get a topic out the way so that i would get a chance to revise stuff later on. Many ppl hate conics but i didnt find it too difficult, its pretty much the same old 3u parametrics except u have the ellipse and hyperbola instead of just parabola and use implicit differentitation pretty much all the time. The algebra is "graceful" and some of the proofs are very ..."elegant".

fishbulb

HSC
We've done Curve sketching, Complex, Poly, Volumes and integeration.
We've got Hoang so we go quite fast and have a lot of extra classes.:D

conics2008

HSC
Complex Numbers, Curve Sketching, Poly and Conics ( still working on it through the holidays )......

When school starts we might work on Volumes or Integeration.

conics2008

HSC
nottellingu said:
I taught myself cos it looked kindve fun and to get a topic out the way so that i would get a chance to revise stuff later on. Many ppl hate conics but i didnt find it too difficult, its pretty much the same old 3u parametrics except u have the ellipse and hyperbola instead of just parabola and use implicit differentitation pretty much all the time. The algebra is "graceful" and some of the proofs are very ..."elegant".
Yeah we are doing conics on our own aswell, its pretty much basic Locus problem

Alot of people i know say its hard and long, but it doesn't look that hard, so far I've done basic ellipse and hyerbola from cambridge book. I'm done with parametric equation x=acosx y=bsinx and x=asecx and y =btanx

soo simple.......... and you know what, the exam quation ( from the HSC) is mainly asking you to prove this formula eg.. derive the equation of the tangent etc.....

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.

J

joseph777

graphing, complex, polys, integration, conics. Starting volumes on hols

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Yeah, me too. Simultaneously, we're doing Mechanics in my tutoring class. Perhaps after this holiday, we will only have harder 3u topic left.

Yamiyo

HSC
Term 1: Complex Numbers, Polynomials, Conics
Term 2: Integration, Volumes, Harder 3 Unit
Term 3: Mechanics, Graphs

Oh well, plenty of time to go. :)

sooki0326

HSC
So far I've done Complex, polynomials, graphs, conics and half way on integration at school. I personally don't think many ppl will finish the whole course within this holiday...

independantz

HSC
Complex Numbers, Curve Sketching, Integration, Polynomials and almost finished harder three unit.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
complex, polys, conics curve sketching, integration

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Weve done complex, conics, graph sketching, polynomials, induction (from harder 3 unit) and just started integration.

Why do so many people teach themselves 4unit? I rather just follow what my teacher is doing (hes been teaching the course for like 20 years so I know he knows what he is doing), and consolidate my knowledge while I am learning it, rather than trying to learn ahead and cramming everything into my school holidays and whatnot.

nottellingu

HSC
Those people who get taught harder 3u are lucky. We just got told that : "circle geo, m.induction and permutations-combonations is going to be in ur test have fun and goold luck trying to prepare. " :angry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)