• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what Fashion Mags???????? (2 Viewers)

passion89

HSC
I really like instyle and newwoman - I get them regularly (not every month but close to) and I waste so much money on other rubbish mags :(

gucci-lozz-babe

HSC
alby said:
sorry, but why bother? who cares if you dont look like you just fell off the catwalk or not.
excuse me!! i care!! geesh who doesnt care if u look like u just fell off catwalk??

Skeeta

HSC
gucci-lozz-babe said:
excuse me!! i care!! geesh who doesnt care if u look like u just fell off catwalk??
i hope you do fall off a catwalk

and get a black eye

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
passion89 said:
I really like instyle and newwoman - I get them regularly (not every month but close to) and I waste so much money on other rubbish mags :(

hehe my new two fav mags. I wasn't really into magazines before but these holidays have been boring so *shrug*.

Used to read Cosmo every now and again but the articles are getting repetitive and dull so I just wanna look at fashion and shoes. instyle is probably my fav

Last edited:

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
ok found my new love for mags in follow and russh i have been buying russh but cant seem to find it anyware the last week or so should eb out so very angry want it baddlllyyy

wootwt

HSC
I read Yen, RUUSSH or however it's spelled, german Vogue, and some jap ones like Cutie, Zipper etc

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
gucci-lozz-babe said:
aww...
it's ok!
i know ur just jealous
u couldn't get a modelling job if u paid them
:)
Stay in school, skank. ;)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Lainee said:
I subscribe to a shitload of magazines... RUUSH, Vogue Australia, Vogue UK, Harpers Bazaar, InStyle, Vanity Fair and ELLE UK.
HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I always get Men's Style magazine. It only comes out every season and is aimed at the Early20's-mid30's urban male professional. A little more high-brow than FHM/Ralph..

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Magazines are a waste of my money.

I used to buy Cosmo and Bazaar, but then realised that I was losing $20 at the beginning of every month and gaining nothing in return.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i bought AU Vogue yesterday because natalie portman was on the cover, looking her usual hot pixie self.

...i read it in 5 minutes and lost interest.

I WANT MY 5 MINUTES AND MY MONEY BACK!

i could buy a pepperoni pizza with that money, but now it's lining my canary's cage.

jujujellybean

I'm a speck of sand, surrounded by... more specks
HSC
:wave:I would only look for ideas. But then again, who honestly looks at an outfit and says "OMG I'm gonna look just like that" and then goes searching for hours, then spending a ridiculous amount of money on something only to realise either a) you look stupid in it or
b) it's not in season anymore (heaven forbid!).

I like to look at those magazines yes but I would never spend $999 on a pair of jeans or something when you can get a nice pair/similar pair for like 10% of that price.
- why would you want to look like a wannabe model when we're just students/teenagers at the end of the day.:uhhuh:

:hammer: I agree- the European magazines are where the killer clothes are

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
jujujellybean said:
:wave:I would only look for ideas. But then again, who honestly looks at an outfit and says "OMG I'm gonna look just like that" and then goes searching for hours, then spending a ridiculous amount of money on something only to realise either a) you look stupid in it or
b) it's not in season anymore (heaven forbid!).

I like to look at those magazines yes but I would never spend $999 on a pair of jeans or something when you can get a nice pair/similar pair for like 10% of that price.
- why would you want to look like a wannabe model when we're just students/teenagers at the end of the day.:uhhuh:

:hammer: I agree- the European magazines are where the killer clothes are
Agreed.

Having an interest in fashion is one thing, being stupid (and rich) enough to try validating yourself by actually buying that stuff is another.

That being said, there are some reasonably priced items every now and then.

Always

HSC
In my opinion, fashion magazines shouldn't be treated as a catalogue. Many are really quite fashion forward and just so artistic and creative. The outfits are nothing like you will ever see out on the streets but that's sometimes the fun part. It really makes one question what you can do with clothes in terms of styling. I wish I could scan some covers or something but I'm so useless with technology.

Having said that there are some seriously crappy fashion mags out there eg. Aus Vogue and Harpers. I don't know why I ever bothered to read either, they are just that bad.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
i bought AU Vogue yesterday because natalie portman was on the cover, looking her usual hot pixie self.

i could buy a pepperoni pizza with that money, but now it's lining my canary's cage.
YEAH THATS WHAT I DID. argh, and i dnt like it. It just lacked any sort of inspiration and it was soooo bland. Boring too. I couldve gotten maccas.

All im looking forward to now is RUSSH which is unbeleivably awesome.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I used to get Mens Style Australia and Mens Health. I stopped caring after the start of last year.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
AlleyCat said:

I saw last month's copy (the one with Mischa Barton) in the library and flicked throgh and it has such a haughty tone and the page devoted to furs just put me off so much. Urgh. I'm definitely not a Vogue girl :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)