What goes in the Appendix? (1 Viewer)

bananarama69

HSC
I know i put my interview questions, but what else. articles? journals? tv clips?

victoria10

HSC
i put just my survey.. you dont need anything else. i got full marks for mine so it must be right :D

Kat92

HSC
@ bananarama69- Any items that are too large/extensive in detail to include within the main body of your project. So yes, you can include articles and TV clips. *The Journal is a separate item anyway so doesn't get included in the appendix.*

@victoria10- Congrats on your fine results! :)

Last edited:

ac91

HSC
In the appendix you should put all or alot of the stuff that is relevant to your research but not crucial to it in the reports section etc.

You should;
Put a few surveys in.
Put a few interviews in.
Put a few cases studies in.
Or a few of whatever primary methodologies you used.

Also put in some secondary research things such as;
Some newspaper articles.
Some statistics of websites etc.
transcripts of tv shows etc.

;) I hope that helps you. Good luck! ;)

Kat92

HSC
In the appendix you should put all or alot of the stuff that is relevant to your research but not crucial to it in the reports section etc.

You should;
Put a few surveys in.
Put a few interviews in.
Put a few cases studies in.
Or a few of whatever primary methodologies you used.

Also put in some secondary research things such as;
Some newspaper articles.
Some statistics of websites etc.
transcripts of tv shows etc.

;) I hope that helps you. Good luck! ;)
+1, certainly agree, basically a re-statement of what I said though :D.

Note, case studies are more incorporated through the literature review. Only include a transcript of additional information that you could have included.

ac91

HSC
I'm not sure if you are assuming I am talking about a primary or secondary case study. I am talking about a primary case study in which you would have conducted yourself.
I'm not sure which methodologies you used but if you have done a primary case study do NOT put this in the literature review.
A literature review is a review of existing information. It wouldn't make any sense if you were to talk about a primary case study in there.

;) I did mine last year and got full marks on the whole IRP, diary, plan timeline etc. I wish you the best of luck! ;)

Kat92

HSC
I'm not sure if you are assuming I am talking about a primary or secondary case study. I am talking about a primary case study in which you would have conducted yourself.
I'm not sure which methodologies you used but if you have done a primary case study do NOT put this in the literature review.
A literature review is a review of existing information. It wouldn't make any sense if you were to talk about a primary case study in there.

;) I did mine last year and got full marks on the whole IRP, diary, plan timeline etc. I wish you the best of luck! ;)
I am referring to a secondary case study to include with quotations for your literature review. Exactly right, it definitely would not make sense; as you would put your primary case study in the section entitled methodologies. A secondary case study, as I previously mentioned; include a transcript in your appendix.

Geez, I think we confused the 2010 HSC'ers, with our lengthy explanations on this one! :lol:

I also, received full marks for all of my IRP components last year. Good luck to all for you for your future IRP's. Above all have fun and Best Wishes! :D

victoria10

HSC
everyones confused i think lol...
any primary research that you used.. surveys, interviews, case studies, etc.. you just chuck them in there :D

Kat92

HSC
everyones confused i think lol...
any primary research that you used.. surveys, interviews, case studies, etc.. you just chuck them in there :D
I quite agree. Ac91's explanation was a little confusing as it didn't clearly explain what type of case study was being used; hence people doing the IRP need to be careful where they place their particular case studies.

Last edited:

UGLYsusanBOYLE

HSC
scientists aren't complelty sure what the appendix does...prob best not to remove it though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)