what happens if u don't get a good uai? (1 Viewer)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i am at the moment thinking of dropping maths as it is my lowest mark and then do the bridging course at uni. maths is my lowest mark and i have 10 other units (adv eng, society and culture, legal studies, biology and ancient history) to fall back on.

my teacher thinks i should just stick with it and work my butt off to get my marks up.
which do you think is better?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
white_spazzy said:
i am at the moment thinking of dropping maths as it is my lowest mark and then do the bridging course at uni. maths is my lowest mark and i have 10 other units (adv eng, society and culture, legal studies, biology and ancient history) to fall back on.

my teacher thinks i should just stick with it and work my butt off to get my marks up.
which do you think is better?
Atleast if you stick with it now you know it wont count but still have some of the basics needed for uni. Later on if you are still not confident with it you can do the bridging course to strengthen your skills

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
UAI can be important depending on what course you want to do... but remember you have until AUGUSt to decide what you want' to do at Uni, if you end up still wanting to go.... don't stress now...just do your best..
there are always other pathways.... TAFE.... re-do year 12 ... there are plenty of bridges into uni... ! :D ( take it easy1 but still work :p )

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
there are other ways around it.. but depending on ur ranks and marks u might be worrying about nothing. I thought for sure that my uai was going to be in the low 70s which wasnt what i wanted and i was giving up on what i wanted to do ut i was wrong. you have to remember your HSC exams count for 50% of your mark so you have opportunity to improve

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
acmilan said:
Atleast if you stick with it now you know it wont count but still have some of the basics needed for uni. Later on if you are still not confident with it you can do the bridging course to strengthen your skills
agreed. Maths is hellish alot of the time esp if u hate it (like me :( ). Its so useful though and im glad I managed to stick it out for 2u maths cos its either a pre requisite or assumed knowledge in alot of uni courses (not all of course). The maths bridging course is not bad but they cram too much within such a limited time and i think its better to put up with some maths int he HSC. Of course, I dont know the exact situation, but the rule of thumb is, if you can handle it, then put up with it. If its crazy and its really wasting your time as in u hate it, are gradually getting lower makrs in not only maths but other subjects, then it will become obvious that dropping it is the better option.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm afraid that i would get a low uai, that is about 70s. i am doing well in a few subjects. but what i need as a uai is over 90 at least.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
joanna 17 said:
what happens if u don't get a good uai? i'm worried i won't get the marks i need, are there make up courses or ways to get around bad marks? also theres not long until the final exams... is it worth quiting now?
You asplode and the world ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)