What happens to cheaters/ Plagiarizers (1 Viewer)

madame_elle

HSC
So I was late for a lab practical because I had another class before and when I got there they gave out the pre lab quiz- only five questions- but everyone else finished before me and started getting up- this girl in front of me starts chatting- yeah it's short but difficult quiz, how's your day been going etc then the tutor comes and grabs the pencil on my next scribbles a circle in the corner, snatches my paper and walks away before I finish/ have a chance to defend myself or ask why- I'm pretty sure he thinks I cheated so he marked my paper.

What's going to happen to me?? Fail on my report or plagiarism tag etc? The quiz isn't part of an official assessment according to the course outline but maybe it's marked as part of lab books.

I'm first year and they've been talking about how serious plagiarism/ cheating is etc so now I'm worried as trivial as this may be.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i'm pretty sure you will be expelled. at least this will teach you to never talk to girls again

LordPc

HSC
i dont understand the progression in your story

-the girl infront of you started to talk during a test
-you were punished

can you link up those two?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
...how's your day been going etc then the tutor comes and grabs the pencil on my next scribbles a circle in the corner,
That circle probably means zero. :(

You should try explaining what happened, but surely the HSC taught you not to talk in exams, even stupid ones.

dawdlex3

HSC
Wait... why wasn't that girl circled for cheating instead?
Because from your story it seems like she initiated talking.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry but now you will get burned at the stake

madame_elle

HSC
i dont understand the progression in your story

-the girl infront of you started to talk during a test
-you were punished

can you link up those two?
well she was finished and when people started to get their microscopes- she was chatting- but everyone was getting up it wasn't a quiet room and then I was talking with her or anything. Does that make better sense?

dawdlex3

HSC
You definitely should file up your case to your tutor, if he/she ignores you, take it to the course coordinator (unless it's the same person, then well, contact the faculty). I don't think you should be disadvantaged in any way that you had nothing to do with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)