What happens to the 2nd 3rd and 4th? (1 Viewer)

Skewl

HSC
I noe dat the first person gets the highest HSc mark as their assesment mark but what happens to the next few students? And also say that i dont perform aswell as i do at school in HSc but other students who performed bad in school all of a sudden perform bettern than me in the HSC, will this impact me significantly?

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
The short, semi-accurate answer is they will receive the 2nd best, 3rd best and 4th best HSC exam marks as their school assessment mark (not quite true, but practically, give or take a mark or two usually).

The other answer is that their school assessment mark as a percentage of the whole grade's total school assessment marks will equal that percentage as of the whole grade's total HSC exam marks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
drewgcn said:
The other answer is that their school assessment mark as a percentage of the whole grade's total school assessment marks will equal that percentage as of the whole grade's total HSC exam marks.
This view should really be avoided - there are so many scenarios for which it just doesn't work.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Aye, I noticed that in the explanation thread.
Our teacher explained it to us the other day, and he said it was the most accurate way of doing so without requiring some sort of masters in statistics (basically that probably meant he couldn't understand any further than that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)