What have you eaten today? (3 Viewers)

enoilgam

HSC
you are what we call "normal"
To be honest, I've noticed that a lot of people my age watch what they eat carefully (not in an ED kind of way). Like I said, I've never really given much thought to it - I've kind of been wondering whether its normal for someone around my age to really watch what they eat.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm not eating meat and i usually don't eat carbs (bread, pasta, rice etc) anyway

except for me weekly ice cream

i've just been eating fruit and yogurt and soup and carrots and hummus and yeah there are some carbs in that but it's not starchy so whatever

and yes don't school me on nutrition i work in a gym, dated a pt and had an eating disorder i know too much

You've learned the unhealthy side of nutrition though (you work in a gym, dated a PT, and had an eating disorder (when you were in year 8 so your boobs didn't develop properly)), I learned the good, healthy, doctoring side of it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, I've noticed that a lot of people my age watch what they eat carefully (not in an ED kind of way). Like I said, I've never really given much thought to it - I've kind of been wondering whether its normal for someone around my age to really watch what they eat.
But you don't give too much thought to your physical appearance in general afaik (not meant to be offensive, just an observation, you don't look fuggs or anything) so obvi you wouldn't be into checking out what you eat as most people do it for their appearance (or for health, but that's less people).

enoilgam

HSC
But you don't give too much thought to your physical appearance in general afaik (not meant to be offensive, just an observation, you don't look fuggs or anything) so obvi you wouldn't be into checking out what you eat as most people do it for their appearance (or for health, but that's less people).
Fair point. I was out a few months ago with some friends of mine and I kind of noticed how much they watched their health. It kind of made me feel a little guilty and immature because I never thought about it before - but then again, I'm in my 20s so I guess it isnt all bad.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I've defs been watching what I've been eating lately but that's more or less down to my diet's composition being full of rubbish last semester (dat stress).

While I have a decent metabolic system, I don't really think that will help me if I'm going to end up having diabetes or high cholesterol.

enoilgam

HSC
One thing I have done though is to cut out caffeine, but that stuff really messes with me.

seanieg89

HSC
I went through a period of being healthier earlier this year: regular gym, healthy food, less alcohol...sadly I have relapsed a bit in all three departments as of the last month or two.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I went through a period of being healthier earlier this year: regular gym, healthy food, less alcohol...sadly I have relapsed a bit in all three departments as of the last month or two.
I know that feel.

This year has been awful for me health-wise with all the junk food being eaten and not choosing to do any long distance running this year.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol no one who watches what they eat cares about health
>old people who have been told they can only eat specific things because of their health
>people allergic to things
>etc.

Fair point. I was out a few months ago with some friends of mine and I kind of noticed how much they watched their health. It kind of made me feel a little guilty and immature because I never thought about it before - but then again, I'm in my 20s so I guess it isnt all bad.
in your 20s is probs the best time to get healthy habits going
some of the people i've seen in hospital have taught me that

I've defs been watching what I've been eating lately but that's more or less down to my diet's composition being full of rubbish last semester (dat stress).

While I have a decent metabolic system, I don't really think that will help me if I'm going to end up having diabetes or high cholesterol.
you probs won't just ~get~ diabetes
T1DM is autoimmune and most-likely would've been an issue for you by now
T2DM is pretty genetic so like, if a relative has it watch out, if not, you're sweet (probs)

and high cholesterol is like purely (sort of) caused by how much fat you ingest
because fats -> chylomicrons -> adipose tissue -> chylomicrons -> VLDL -> LDL -> HDL (i think this is the bad one)
and like, if you have more of something or less of another thing it makes the ratio shit or something
i dunno

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
you probs won't just ~get~ diabetes
T1DM is autoimmune and most-likely would've been an issue for you by now
T2DM is pretty genetic so like, if a relative has it watch out, if not, you're sweet (probs)

and high cholesterol is like purely (sort of) caused by how much fat you ingest
because fats -> chylomicrons -> adipose tissue -> chylomicrons -> VLDL -> LDL -> HDL (i think this is the bad one)
and like, if you have more of something or less of another thing it makes the ratio shit or something
i dunno
Science is so hard.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just curious, aren't doctors typically opposed to keto and atkins in most circumstances?
look

i'm not a doctor

but if you want to lose weight fast that is the way to go

as long as you get all your vitamins and minerals

seanieg89

HSC
I know that feel.

This year has been awful for me health-wise with all the junk food being eaten and not choosing to do any long distance running this year.
because of honours? or other reasons?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
because of honours? or other reasons?
Stress of honours and other degree coursework along with graduate applications. Never been so stressed out.

Gained ~5kg over the past 6 months.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
look

i'm not a doctor

but if you want to lose weight fast that is the way to go

as long as you get all your vitamins and minerals
Yeah, i lost 10-15kg in like a month or two on keto back in year 11. Bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)