What if i don't get the UAI 4 law? (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
ahha u think thatz exciting? wait until u do mooting.. haha :p
When do you start mooting?
TIB- do you transfer into law?

santaslayer

HSC
It depends on the university. I've read somewhere that USYD doesn't encourage first year mooting, whilst others do. You start mooting when you want to I guess?

HSC
there are other unis in nsw other than usyd, unsw, uts and macq uni that offer law at a lower uai...such as uws, southern cross, une, newcastle, maybe go to an ACT uni? the law mooting group at uws is very very good. came 2nd place in the whole world in some mooting competition only being beaten by some english uni. so yeah there's something good about uws after all.

rumour

HSC
santaslayer said:
You may not end up in UoW..go interstate you turd. :p
Maybe I will go there after all, seeing as how everyone there seems so friendly!!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah legal studies is helpful in terms of knoweldge of the legal ssytem, hwereas modern is helpful in terms of the skill u develop, which some academics think is more important/useful and lasting

santaslayer

HSC
Legal Studies= Jurispurendence.

Being able to be critical of legal responses to some particular, concerning issue. eg. Homosexuals. It gets too philosophical at times and it gives you an incorrect perception on how law is taught in tertiary level IMO.

I did Modern History for two days and then dropped it for Economics. Should of dropped IPT instead. Damn..:p

rumour

HSC
brentosbreezer said:
What's wit every1 wanna do law? :)
Because it is interesting, you get to help people, change Australia, protect the rights of others.

My reasons:
you get to fight(court room) all day + the money:p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
MAQ has a preferred admissions scheme, it's basically like an easy scholarship (with no interview, HOORAY!). If you get in (3 people from my school applied last year and 3 got in heh) they'll subsidise your UAI by 5 points. So you can do MAQ law with a mark of 89, which isn't so bad.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
How is modern specifically helpful in developing skills related to law? :confused:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Sarah168 said:
How is modern specifically helpful in developing skills related to law? :confused:
Research, analysis, critical thinking etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)