What if? (1 Viewer)

Rhodes

HSC
Hey I was wondering.. let's say you have an ATAR that is above the cutoff for a course but you didn't pick that corse and you decided to do something else. Then during your first year of uni, you regret making that choice and want to transfer to the course that you had the ATAR to be able to get into but didn't pick.
Now, let's say that you feel as though your uni marks will drag down your ATAR and you won't be able to get into that course.
Can you just pretend that you took a gap year and never went to uni so that they just look at your ATAR by itself without looking at your uni marks?

witide

HSC
As long as you haven't done a full year's load of study at uni they'll just look at your ATAR. Any more and they'll probably take both into consideration. And unfortunately I'm pretty sure the UAC has access to all your results so you can't make something up.

If you want to transfer and your ATAR is better than your uni marks, consider dropping a subject for the second semester. I did that last year and was able to transfer with only my UAI considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)