what is a good combination among these commerce majors? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
If I do a commerce degree majoring in marketing what jobs can i get when i graduate?

If I do a commerce degree majoring in marketing what jobs can i get when i graduate?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
what is a good combination among these commerce majors?
* finance
* marketing
* accounting

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If by 'good' you mean most popular? Accounting and finance.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Good is what you will excel best at.

Accounting and Finance are popular choices because they arguably open the most doors.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
"Good" will depend on what you are interested in and what career you are planning for after uni.

Accounting and Finance will obviously compliment each other. However, Marketing does teach you a lot of other skills which will also be useful *cough* communication skills *cough*

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: If I do a commerce degree majoring in marketing what jobs can i get when i gradua

Other than the obvious jobs with Marketing/Communication and sometimes PR firms, as well as in-house positions. There are also a wide range of other more "general" positions which will also recruit marketing students, just have a look around for graduate programs and read some of the descriptions - many of them don't specify the major either, they'll usually only require the bachelor. Marketing can teach you a range of skills that are useful across a lot of different jobs.

Tim035

HSC
Re: If I do a commerce degree majoring in marketing what jobs can i get when i gradua

Janitor, garbage man, professional finger painter.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
what would be the commerce (majoring in marketing and accounting) contact hour be??

what would be the commerce (majoring in marketing and accounting) contact hour be??

btw does contact hour means everything put together eg, tutorial, lecture. (the maximum) right?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: what would be the commerce (majoring in marketing and accounting) contact hour be

1. Maybe 12 hours or so per week.
2. Yes.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: what would be the commerce (majoring in marketing and accounting) contact hour be

is the contact hour between a double major and a single major the same ?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A

yes the same, since you can only do max 4 units to begin with. May be down the track you have the required GPA and feel like to finish early then you can apply to do 5 units a semester.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

is the contact hour between a double major and a single major the same ?
Depends on the subjects you do.

xxsupababexx

HSC

I hear you can become a trader, lawyer, consultant or president of zimbabwe.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A

I'm pretty sure it's 27 hours over four days a week if you specifically choose marketing and accounting. Those who do it complain just as much as eng kids about their hours.

someone PLZ tell me he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Contact hours should be around the 12-13 hour mark per week during session as far as I know.

ps. Misleading post above has been removed. Please remember this is not a social board.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

12-13 hours sounds about right going off the hours of some people I know.

Tim035

HSC

Both accounting and marketing would have ~3-4 contact hours a week per subject, typical load is 4 subjects a semester so yeah 12-13 hours a week is about right, usually you can comfortably squeeze this all in to 2-3 days.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Thoughts on a commerce degree majoring in marketing and account?

Do u think it doesnt match

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: Thoughts on a commerce degree majoring in marketing and account?

Do u think it doesnt match
I think it's a good match in the sense that one side will teach you communication/interpersonal skills and the other will teach you numbers and well, numbers....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)