what is a good combination among these commerce majors? (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: UTS B.business vs Macq B.comm??

UTS B.business vs Macq B.comm??
What are you looking for in your university program? Which major did you want to do?

As a Mac student, there's a lot of support for commerce students, the campus experience is great with lots of active student societies, and you can incorporate an internship or overseas exchange program as part of your degree.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

UTS B. Business is really good, a course which is appreciated by the industry, it has a broad focus, makes you a nice all rounder being able to handle almost anything if required, and you can do a major (or Double major in your case because of the single degree) which is also very helpful. Overall it's designed by what is demanded by employers and employers love UTS students.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Depends what you want to do with your commerce degree. Finance/Accounting/Actuarial is very good at Macquarie (I can vouch for the first two).

UTS is also pretty decent for Commerce.

You're best off comparing the two campuses and the subjects involved in your desired major.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: can i transfer to B.comm from B.eco UNSW and graduate same time as others???

comeon... someone answer

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Re: can i transfer to B.comm from B.eco UNSW and graduate same time as others???

I don't go to UNSW, but my guess is, if the subjects you complete under Economics are the same as those under Commerce, you should be fine. Personally I would be comparing the two programs and trying to study the units they have in common if this is your goal.

You're better off waiting for a UNSW student to comment though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Depends on units of credit and all that jazz. So I don't know. I'd suggest looking at Handbook entries and deducing it.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A

It depends on your choice of subjects that you want to do in your first year. If you do happen to complete the subjects a commerce student need to complete, then you'll graduate at the same time as them. Like others have suggested, compare the programs in the handbook.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Complete similar units, do well, transfer, and you'll graduate the same time as others.

Refer to:

Bachelor of Commerce: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2012/3502.html
Bachelor of Economics: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2012/3543.html

Compare similar units, and plan to do these. For example, in Economics, these core units:

ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A (6 UOC)
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
ECON1202 Quantitative Analysis (6 UOC)
ECON1203 Business & Economic Statistics (6 UOC)
ECON1401 Economic Analysis (6 UOC)

Are exactly the same as the core units in the Bachelor of Commerce program, so complete these.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

yes

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Depends what kind of person you are and what you want to achieve out of all of this. Also depends on majors and maybe even what's convenient for you.

That being said, I've heard Macquarie courses are much more comprehensive (i.e. challenging) and there are some great development programs they offer to students which count towards extra curricular. However, UTS is a city campus (kindof) and has a pretty positive reputation too amongst employers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)