What is a thesis??? (1 Viewer)

shmeagol

Hi guys does anyone know what a thesis is??? i need to write a thesis for inner journeys and i have no idea how to do it. if i ask my teacher she talks for an hour and expects me to know what she's talking about when she finishes (i never do). Can someone please help me!!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Thesis
thesis ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thss)
n. pl. theses (-sz)
1) A proposition that is maintained by argument.

pretty much your "philosophical" understanding and interpretation of what an inner journey is. you need to relate to your texts and talk about how techniques are used to convey an inner jouney ;)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
To make a thesis from a question, chose your point of view and then explain why you chose that (eg you might view a flawed memory to be essential to understanding a culture due to the fact that important details arent left out and the minor details left out and hence dont overshadow the major details)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
if you're doing inner journeys, then you make a statement about your understanding of inner journeys clearly in your introduction. you argue that point throughout your writing, relating to it in each paragraph.
all the supp. texts that you pick should help your argument

white_jellybean

It is the same sort of structure as an essay only it is oppinionated. Rather than arguing for & against. Your poit forth ur point of view.

That is the best way I can think of to explain how to write one.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)