What is an AOS?? (1 Viewer)

panicatthehsc

HSC
Okay, I know that being in yr12 this is a bit of a dumb question to still be asking, but I feel so unprepared for my first assessment. I'm still so confused about what an AOS is and how to write one. I don't know what things I need to be studying and therefore I have no idea how to approach it. I've tried looking it up but I can't find anything but sample belonging essays. I just need a structure and explanation of what it is. Anyone able to help?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The Rubric Says

Discovery can encompass the experience of discovering something for the first time or rediscovering something that has been lost, forgotten or concealed. Discoveries can be sudden and unexpected, or they can emerge from a process of deliberate and careful planning evoked by curiosity, necessity or wonder. Discoveries can be fresh and intensely meaningful in ways that may be emotional, creative, intellectual, physical and spiritual. They can also be confronting and provocative. They can lead us to new worlds and values, stimulate new ideas, and enable us to speculate about future possibilities. Discoveries and discovering can offer new understandings and renewed perceptions of ourselves and others.

An individual’s discoveries and their process of discovering can vary according to personal, cultural, historical and social contexts and values. The impact of these discoveries can be far-reaching and transformative for the individual and for broader society. Discoveries may be questioned or challenged when viewed from different perspectives and their worth may be reassessed over time. The ramifications of particular discoveries may differ for individuals and their worlds

By exploring the concept of discovery, students can understand how texts have the potential to affirm or challenge individuals’ or more widely-held assumptions and beliefs about aspects of human experience and the world. Through composing and responding to a wide range of texts, students may make discoveries about people, relationships, societies, places and events and generate new ideas. By synthesising perspectives, students may deepen their understanding of the concept of discovery. Students consider the ways composers may invite them to experience discovery through their texts and explore how the process of discovering is represented using a variety of language modes, forms and features.

http://www.englishteacher.com.au/Por...overy1111.pptx.

(Worth downloading)

What types of Discovery should/may our related text explore?

* Human experience => How it can change/discoveries
=> Discoveries of an emotional or intellectual nature, discoveries about themselves or the world they live in.
=> May broaden our view point on different events, people, ourselfs
* Idea of new discoveries=> ideas, beliefs, lands, spiritual enlightment
* Discoveries may challenge ideas, values, belief system
* Discoveries may be sudden or expected, or may be as a result of careful planning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)