What is an effective method for recognising techniques in texts? (1 Viewer)

John_Halo

HSC
So far I've only been using flashcards with examples but I'm worried that'll I'll only be able to relate the techniques to specific quotes.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In order to improve your ability to recognise different techniques within various texts, you may wish to consider the following tips:
  1. It is important that you are familiar with techniques, including what each technique refers to in addition to the general effect each technique presents when included within a particular text. You may recall all techniques that you have encountered in year 11 as well as those that you may explore in year 12.
  2. In the case of your prescribed texts, ensure that you read those texts and are focusing on the parts where relevant themes/ideas/issues are emphasised as those parts tend to incorporate techniques in order for the text to demonstrate said themes/ideas/issues.
  3. Look for quotes or other elements (such as scenes and images, depending on your prescribed texts) within the texts that showcase the aforementioned themes/ideas/issues.
  4. In order to maximise the effectiveness of this approach, it would be a good idea to go beyond your prescribed texts and read several other texts. Subsequently, you may wish to attempt finding techniques within those texts and determine the way in which such techniques were embedded in their respective texts. The more you do this, the better your ability to recognise different techniques within varying texts.
I hope this helps! :D

John_Halo

HSC
In order to improve your ability to recognise different techniques within various texts, you may wish to consider the following tips:
  1. It is important that you are familiar with techniques, including what each technique refers to in addition to the general effect each technique presents when included within a particular text. You may recall all techniques that you have encountered in year 11 as well as those that you may explore in year 12.
  2. In the case of your prescribed texts, ensure that you read those texts and are focusing on the parts where relevant themes/ideas/issues are emphasised as those parts tend to incorporate techniques in order for the text to demonstrate said themes/ideas/issues.
  3. Look for quotes or other elements (such as scenes and images, depending on your prescribed texts) within the texts that showcase the aforementioned themes/ideas/issues.
  4. In order to maximise the effectiveness of this approach, it would be a good idea to go beyond your prescribed texts and read several other texts. Subsequently, you may wish to attempt finding techniques within those texts and determine the way in which such techniques were embedded in their respective texts. The more you do this, the better your ability to recognise different techniques within varying texts.
I hope this helps! :D
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)