What is/are the overall difference/s between P and PC? (1 Viewer)

macca1819

HSC
I know 45-49 is PC, and P is 50-64, but either way, you've passed, haven't you?

Does PC just mean that you fail, but you we'll let you scrape through anyway?

blackrider89

HSC
I know 45-49 is PC, and P is 50-64, but either way, you've passed, haven't you?

Does PC just mean that you fail, but you we'll let you scrape through anyway?
If u have a PC, u get 1 for GPA. 2 for a P.
And a PC in ACCG100 is not acceptable for proceeding to ACCG101 coz ACCG101 need a P in ACCG100 (a prerequisite) . But a PC in ISYS123 is ok if u want to study ACCG250 coz it doesn't require a P, ISYS123 is a prerequisite for ACCG250 though.
So now it's all clear m8? Not a P but not necessarily a Fail.

Last edited:
HSC
Yeah, blackrider89 got most of it. Basically, it lowers your GPA but you still pass the unit. The only problem you may run into in the future is if another unit you plan to do requires a P from the unit you got a PC in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I hate it, the mark should not exist at all outside of capstone or final semester units.

If you fail, you fail, if you pass, you pass, there shouldn't be a 'oh you almost passed' mark.

rox88

HSC
i just got a 49 in mrkt. Now is there any way that it can be upgraded to a 50? Is there any options that i have?

jellybelly08

HSC
i just got a 49 in mrkt. Now is there any way that it can be upgraded to a 50? Is there any options that i have?
You can call BESS tomorrow and ask them about exam script viewing.

Then hope that there was some error in the marking of your exam, else you'll have to take the 49.

Doomah

HSC

anyone with a fail or borderline fail, they will try to see if they can give u the extra mark, obviosly they couldnt, save your dignity, dont even bother asking

Doomah

HSC
look at your S2 subjects and see what the pre-requisites are.... if they have the pre-requ for which you got a PC for then the PC would not be enough for you the satify that prerequisite....

best u tell us what you got a PC for and what subject u intend on doing next semester....

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
how do i know if my course allows CP or not?
As has been said above, check the units you are doing next semester. This is particularly important with core units as with electives you can always choose another one.

LAW does not count CP's as passing therefore you have to redo the unit if it is a pre-req.

I agree with Aslyum, UWS doesn't have it any more, and when it doesn't count as a pass (for example with Law units) what is the point?

macca1819

HSC
As has been said above, check the units you are doing next semester. This is particularly important with core units as with electives you can always choose another one.

LAW does not count CP's as passing therefore you have to redo the unit if it is a pre-req.

I agree with Aslyum, UWS doesn't have it any more, and when it doesn't count as a pass (for example with Law units) what is the point?
I didn't get PC, but I'm just curious about it. Why give a PC if you can't go on with the following unit from that course? What is the difference between getting an F and PC? And if you can go on with the following unit, what is the difference between PC and P?

Doomah

HSC
well some people take on subjects which are a "stand alone subject", eg if i was a commerce student and i just toook on bio for fun/interest. then if i get a PC then it wont effect my degree as i wasnt planning on doing any 200 level bio subjects anyway.

but say you get a PC in accounting1A, and you wanted to do accounting1B, for which acc1A is a pre-req for then you are obviosly screwed

Monstar

HSC
The GPA system is flawed and stupid.

HD=D ? Whats the point?

Every uni should be using WAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)