What is ETA fighting for? (1 Viewer)

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
What is the objective/s that ETA is trying to achieve? In other words what do they stand for?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Basque separatists feel that their culture is threatened by the Spanish authorities. After the Carlist Wars in the 19th century, where the Basques supported the eventual losing side and also after the Spanish civil war when Franco came to power, Basques were opressed and their native language Euskara was banned. Even though the Basque region still has a certain amount of autonomy still, the Basque separatisits believe they are still threatened and i presume advocate the creation of a seperate Basque state.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
these basque people have rocks in their heads ....

i watched this video on it at spanish skool a few years ago.. its like frigen iraq or something.. there is always murders bombs guns, violence.. the whole package.. n for what?

its a bad fukin protest i tell u

Aerials

HSC
well I guess they all have their reasons, even though we might not agree with them.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes, watching a movie about Basque separatists in a Spanish class... hmm... what propaganda? :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Aerials
well I guess they all have their reasons, even though we might not agree with them.
yeh well.. apparently the peoples in barcelona have cancelled bull fighting now... n they claim to not be a part of spain

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yes, watching a movie about Basque separatists in a Spanish class... hmm... what propaganda? :p
lol.... nah.. more to make us aware of it aye.. although i was probly like 12 at the time lol

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
oh dear....

heheh when i saw this thread i thought english teachers association, opps

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
yeh well.. apparently the peoples in barcelona have cancelled bull fighting now... n they claim to not be a part of spain
WTF Bull fighting was the only good thing to come out of ESPAINAL

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
thx, good thread, always wanted to know that ...

Aerials

HSC
lol who cares if they cancelled bull-fighting anyway? its a stupid sport *waits for backlash.. evil smile*

Aerials

HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
WTF Bull fighting was the only good thing to come out of ESPAINAL
Next time you try to be Spanish you dick, get the phrase right. Its espaol... and even if you did write espaol, it would still make no sense. Its Espaa. And the best thing to come out of Spain is not bullfighting but *whooosh* football! Real Madrid rules! (except Beckham.)

baby_b

Banned
Originally posted by Aerials
Next time you try to be Spanish you dick, get the phrase right. Its espaol... and even if you did write espaol, it would still make no sense. Its Espaa. And the best thing to come out of Spain is not bullfighting but *whooosh* football! Real Madrid rules! (except Beckham.)
agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)