What is IT (University of Technology, Sydney) - YouTube (1 Viewer)

laura56

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
Beege said:
I saw this a few weeks ago and now I'm even more keen to get into uni.
Hi Beege + other aspiring IT students,

That's great that you are more to keen to get into uni after watching the DVD! UTS, Westpac and AnimalLogic (the guys who actually made the dvd) have worked very hard on this project. And if you watched it right thru to the end, the bmx girl is me =P

I noticed that your (Beege) preferences for university courses are:

Beege said:
Plan A - BscIT + BBusiness @ UTS
Plan B - BscIT + DipITProPrac @ UTS
Plan C - IT @ UOW
Why not consider BIT @ UTS? It is very business-oriented and prepares students for management positions. I am currently a 2nd year student in this course, and I love it! You get the opportunity to work at two different companies for work experience - sponsors of the course include Westpac, Deloitte, Optus and IBM. During your work experience at most companies you get to choose the work you wish to do, such as a business analyst role or a programmer. Also, you get paid a scholarship of $13 000 a year which is pretty nice!! :)

To apply for this course, there is an application and interview stage. So you are not judged only your UAI. UTS is looking for motivated students who have a passion for IT and excelling in their career. Applications close late October.

For more information about the course and to download an application check out: http://it.uts.edu.au/course/scholarship/bit/

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or would like advice on the application process :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
laura56 said:
And if you watched it right thru to the end, the bmx girl is me =P
You did BLEthics last semester didn't you? I think I was in your tutorial class.

f0rgetful

HSC
Hey Laura56 I'm very interested in the applying for BIT@UTS.

I would like to get your advice in filling out the questionaire. Please send me a private message.

laura56

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
Huratio said:
You did BLEthics last semester didn't you? I think I was in your tutorial class.
lol yes I did! I really like the subject actually, i chose it as an elective :)

laura56

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
f0rgetful said:
Hey Laura56 I'm very interested in the applying for BIT@UTS.

I would like to get your advice in filling out the questionaire. Please send me a private message.

Sure, I'm more than happy to help out. Anyone else that is interested in BIT please let me know :)

Check out the following link for help with the application/interview process: http://it.uts.edu.au/course/scholarship/bit/interview.html

Also, don't think that you're not good enough to apply for BIT - if you're passionate and interested in IT, you should definitely put in an application!

Last edited:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
Im so disappointed lol, i missed out on BIT because of my UAI.

That's why im changing my course from BScIT to BBusBScit , because i guess its the closet degree for an IT management career.

But yea, IT @ UTS is really awesome, because of the great industry links your degree has great value.

Not that i want more people coming here, that'll just mean more competition. :mad1:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)