What is Module C, Representing People and Politics asking us to do? (1 Viewer)

StudySmart24

HSC
I am doing the Crucible as a prescribed text. What is module C, representing people and politics asking from us? Has anyone done an analysis or assignment, that can help me with?

grapess

HSC
We've only just started and i havent really done any assessment just yet but what i know js this. what you need to have done by the end of your essay is show how the author of crucible has represented(portrayed to the reader) the people and systems of opression/government/any sort of ruling, in order to achieve their purpose.
Basicaly you need to tell the marker(through your essay ofc) how the author wants the reader to perceive people (could be as good/bad/naive/violent/impressionable) IN RELATION to the politics governing them. You must also show how all of this has been done in an attempt to fulfill the author's purpose(of writing crucible)...
I hope that made sense
:)
Hope that made sense

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I am doing the Crucible as a prescribed text. What is module C, representing people and politics asking from us? Has anyone done an analysis or assignment, that can help me with?
Hello!

Module C is a unique module, it tackles about representation and text. The elective you're doing deals with People and Politics. The basic questions you have to ask about the module are:

1. How are people and politics represented in the text?
2. Are these representations showing individual, shared or competing perspectives?
3. How do form, the media of production and choice of language affect the representation?

These question instil you with the capability to think critically about "The Crucible", taking note that the HOW in the question pertains to techniques :)

The Crucible is really fun to study (but maybe because I do After the Bomb and the discourses within The Crucible are similar to other ATB prescribed texts). It's important to have a general idea about the context of this play-- McCarthyism and the heightened fear of Communism during the Cold War "The Red Scare". Once you know about that, you'll be able to see how Miller's judicious manipulation of the theatrical form within The Crucible allows it to be allegorical (or an analogy kinda) of the events that are relevant to his time.

You should be taking note of how POWER and INFLUENCE within society have shaped the political atmosphere of the play, taking note that politics isn't simply just the government! It's about ANY INTERPERSONAL INTERACTION wherein one person is dominant and the other is submissive- there is a power play evident. This play is very rich with those moments, but since you're new to the module I'll let you DISCOVER that on your own :)

Good luck with The Crucible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)